AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to search on how to take a d15 vga signal and turn it into a component 1080i signal.

I came across little statements about transcoders ( and found a link to one from Key Digital). My main question is this device takes a normal say 1928(or whatever the number is) x 1080 signal and converts it into 1080i output?

or does the card have to be capable of interlacing the signal or is there just no way to get 1080i from a computer to component.

Also, since hopefully people that have these transcoders will look at this thread. How does it look? I would love to use my tv to play some computer games and try it for some DVDs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The transcoder just takes the vga DB-15 input and converts it to HD component video (YPbPr). Your video card and display determine what resolutions you can use. If you want to display 1080i, you just use powerstrip to set up a 1080i resolution to use.

The quality is excellent. At 864x480 I can use my 55" 16:9 Samsung as a monitor for web browsing, etc. Text legibility is excellent. At the higher resolutions the text gets very small but movies and games look great.

I suggest going with an Audio Authority transcoder. Many people have problems with the cheap RCA ones, and some even with the Key Digital (which is almost the same price as the Audio Authority.) I've had no problems with mine.

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.