AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked already but I’m really new to Transducers setup. I bought six (6) AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducers. Now I’m looking to buy an affordable amp to power them. Does anyone know of a good affordable amp that can power all six without a problem? Also how to hook up the Transducers to the amp, then the subwoofer/receiver. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked already but I’m really new to Transducers setup. I bought six (6) AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducers. Now I’m looking to buy an affordable amp to power them. Does anyone know of a good affordable amp that can power all six without a problem? Also how to hook up the Transducers to the amp, then the subwoofer/receiver. Thank you in advance.
Tony, the tranducers you are using are 4 ohm, so if you wire three transducers per channel in series, it would be 12 ohms, a safe load for any amp. A better set up would be to acquire an amp that you can bridge the channels, so a series/parallel wiring scheme would give you a 6 ohm load, make sure the amp you buy is 4 ohm load stable in bridge mode. I'm going to recommend a commercial amp to drive these, I'm partial to Crest amps they are quiet (almost all commercial amps use fans), and a Crest Prolite 2.0 will put out about 2000 watts bridged in a 4 ohm load, for about $400.USD. With your 6 ohm setup you would have approximately 1500 watts, more than enough power to shake your soul! There are other commercial amps that will work, but please go to a store to listen to them at idle, some of the fan noise can be obnoxious.
Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Dave, I might be reaching out to you once I have everything together, lol. I’m an idiot when it comes to figuring out the whole ohms thing. I’m still not understanding fully the bridge & ohms. But will research that amp you suggested. It’s well within my budget. I appreciate all the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts