AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to transfer a VHS to DVD or just digital format at the best

quality possible. Could I get some suggestions?

Right now I have two installed options, cybermail capture card and

Radeon 64 VIVO. I'm thinking maybe there's a better capture card out

there for the job :) Could someone recommend the best option?

I've read the video flyer 2000 is very good. How about sound? Just go

to the audio card?

Finally, any good recommendations of the capture software and DVD burner. I haven't bought a DVD burner. I'm also thinking of VCD.

Mike

· Registered
3,362 Posts
I use the FlyVideo 2000, capture to AVI and then encode to MPEG for DVD burning. It's a cheap solution, compared to buying a card with hardware MPEG encoding built in, but it gets the job done. I use VirtualDub to capture, TMPGEnc to encode to MPEG. Sound goes through the sound card input. I have a Sony DVD burner, the 8X drives are pretty cheap. You could get the dual layer burners that are coming out, but they're going to be pricey, as will the media for a while.

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just trying to figure which method will yield the best capture to HD. I noticed with the Radeon I tend to get motion square artifacts. Will this be improved with the Video Flyer 2000? Would the 3000 buy me anything, or is the extra functionality better left to the CPU and audio card?

BTW know of a good VCR? The one I recently bought doesn't seem to compare to my old Sony 770 HF.

Thanks.

Mike

· Registered
3,362 Posts
The difference between the Flyvideo 2000 and 3000 is the 3K supports stereo audio, so I don't think it buys you much here. I bought my Fly2K for about $35, so it's a cheap experiment. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.