AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is it possible to do so. I've heard a lot of people say that it could probably be done, but has anyone actually done it? It's my main reason for wanting a ReplayTV, to transfer my VHS tapes to my 120 GB FW HD, and be able to watch them on the TV or my computer with the ReplayTV connected to my home network. Recording TV shows would just be a bonus. If anyone has tried recording a VHS onto the ReplayTV, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
You can use the ReplayTV's inputs to record anything. Note that often it won't work with other things (camcorder, etc) - you'll need a TBC (do a search for that)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have done it as well, I used the second input on my 5080 and had zero problems. I now have my dive movie on my iBook.

You do have to go into main menu and have th replay switch over to that imput. But other than that, it was as easy, as hitting record on the remote.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I transferred several tapes worth of home movies to a Replay 4k. Without a TBC, it kind of worked, but had lots of drop outs and other quirks. With a TBC, it worked well (no dropouts), but I found the mpg files that were generated by the Replay hard to edit (mainly time sync issues). For just watching via the Replay, it worked quite well. For editting and transferrring to DVD, I decided to go another route.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I've done this too, sky diving video to DVD

Hook up vcr to input

Schedule manual record

Wait for recording to start

Press play on VCR and wait til done.

Extract file, edit and burn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are all great reponses. Thanks. Can someone tell me what a TBC is? I searched google but couldn't find info on what it is. Is it similar to an RF Modulator? Where can I get one and for how much? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.