AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have both a showstopper 2000 and a 5508. is there a way to transfer the shows from the showstopper to either my computer or to the 5508? i want to archive what's on my showstopper. haven't seen anything on this.

or is it possible to drop the HDD from the showstopper into the 5508? will it support 2 HDD's?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The only thing you really can do is pull the HDD from the Showstopper and put it in the computer (or use an USB HDD adapter). Once you have that going, use a program called "ExtractRTV" to get the shows off the drive. There is also a Windows version of the extracting program to make it easier. Once there, you can watch them on the computer or, if you want to get even fancier, convert them to 5k compatible and import them into DVArchive and then watch them on your 5xxx.

·
Registered
535 Posts
You could hook up the 2000 to the 5508 with video cables and manually record the shows, or buy a DVD recorder (they are really cheap now...) and archive all your important shows to DVD. You will loose a little quality in the trascoding though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.