AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised there is no mention of this game yet.

What I've read so far definitely has me intrigued. The single player portion apparently has both Autobot and Decepticon sections. The gameplay footage looks decent, better than any other Transformers adaptation I've yet seen. Here's ign's eye's on: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072658p1.html

I'm particularly excited about this game because I grew up on the g1 editions in the mid eighties, and my son and I are making our way through season 2 of the original cartoon.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
t-ray you must be about the same age as me then. I grew up on G1 cartoons and toys. My 7 year old son just recently got into the G1 cartoons and the 2 Michael Bay movies. Probably helped his interest to find dad's stash of G1 figures in the attic but that's another story.

There have been so many poorly done TF games over the years, hopefully they can get a decent one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If the trailers represent true gameplay, this looks more and more like a really sweet game. If it's done right, this could be one of the best games released this year. If it falls flat, then just chalk it up to another good game idea wasted on poor execution.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I am really excited. Being that I was a bit G1 obsessed
I've still got an absurd number of those toys.

All I really want is a GOOD Transformers game.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Cautious optimism. I, too, grew up with Transformers, and have passed them down to my son. The Transformers 2 game is....meh. It's not terrible, but it's not great.

This one looks really good, but, again....I'm cautious.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
I grew up with them as well. I even remember playing David Crane's Transformer game on my Commodore 64.

Most people expect license games to be kinda trashy, so it's difficult for some of them to get any notice with non-casuals and grown-ups. This one looks decent though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somewhat on-topic, but I always wanted a G1 Transformers 2d figthting game(like SF2), or an RTS.

But like every one else, I'm cautiously optimistic for this latest game.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Holy crap! This looks awesome! I read a short preview article about this game that had a couple of screenshots, but hadn't previously seen the trailer. Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus and it looks like a lot of the G1 favorites are featured. Was that Omega Supreme toward the end of the trailer?!? If this turns out to be half as decent as it looks, I'm in for day one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The first Transformers game was pretty poorly done. It felt like a lesser game with a transformer skin thrown on it.

On a related note...Transformers: The Movie (The 80's cartoon version not the recent CGI one) was done very very well. Good story/plot and voice acting and kept within the established canon.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 /forum/post/18468057

The first Transformers game was pretty poorly done. It felt like a lesser game with a transformer skin thrown on it.

On a related note...Transformers: The Movie (The 80's cartoon version not the recent CGI one) was done very very well. Good story/plot and voice acting and kept within the established canon.

Agreed, it's still something I watch once a month... I'm that much of a fan! (I own the regular and collector's edition versions)

·
Registered
368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/18468095

Agreed, it's still something I watch once a month... I'm that much of a fan! (I own the regular and collector's edition versions)

Megatron? Is that you?

Here's a hint!

One of my favorite movie moments of all time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Me Grimlock kick butt!

·
Registered
263 Posts
My neighbor bought the season one cartoon on DVD and brought it over. I was so giddy I watched the entire season in my garage that night. I was googling different characters on my itouch (Starfire? Jetfire? I didn't remember the name change.) About 5am I finally finished the season and I went to bed....trashed.....

It was so cool to remember the charactres I and my brother had. Jetfire (or whatever) was about a foot long and all metal. I still have all of them including all of the constructicons and the autobot jets.....Superion I think.

I was glad to read that this game is being developed by real transformers geeks.

I'm such a transformers geek I'm glad to see them come back like they have.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand sport /forum/post/18471084

My neighbor bought the season one cartoon on DVD and brought it over. I was so giddy I watched the entire season in my garage that night. I was googling different characters on my itouch (Starfire? Jetfire? I didn't remember the name change.) About 5am I finally finished the season and I went to bed....trashed.....

It was so cool to remember the charactres I and my brother had. Jetfire (or whatever) was about a foot long and all metal. I still have all of them including all of the constructicons and the autobot jets.....Superion I think.

I was glad to read that this game is being developed by real transformers geeks.

I'm such a transformers geek I'm glad to see them come back like they have.

Jetfire is dangerous. I took mine out a while ago, still have all the snap on pieces. Opened his landing gear and is snapped me in the fingernail something fierce.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If I wasn't such a punk kid, I would have had a small fortune in Transformers. I had pretty much everything on the 1st generation check sheet that came with the boxed figures. Alas, I didn't realize that they'd be worth something someday. Jetfire was pretty awesome: wasn't he based off of a Robotech figure or something? I remember how ugly Ironhide and Ratchet's robot modes were...I don't know what the designers were thinking. And Omega Supreme's legs had some yellow clip thingies that held them together, and if you lost them, you were screwed.

This game is definately fan service to early 30's guys. I can't wait.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Jarts...horribly deadly and fun

As for Jetfire, yeah, he was a Macross something.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My kids just got into watching the 80s cartoon recently and my 7 year old son now has what is left of my Generation 1 collection.

Ironhide and Ratchet with no faces...brilliant toy design.

Jetfire was basically a Robotech figure. Somebody said about his landing gear and I remember that as a kid too. When you would hit the button to get the rear landing gear to come down, they would snap down real fast, and they are metal so they would usually hit your fingernail and smart some.

I used to have the entire first year G1 figures except for Reflector, but I sold off the better condition ones on Ebay. Still got Optimus, Megatron, Prowl, Bluestreak, Jazz. Wish I had kept Soundwave that was dumb to get rid of him.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand sport /forum/post/18471774

Do you remember "Jarts"?!!??!?!?

This got me thinking about what I have in the attic. I have an optimous prime (only one I have that's broken
) but not THIS optimous prime....yikes...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Opt...item3cab19f6ed

I have that Optimus! Though not in the box, and missing a lot of the parts. He's sitting triumphantly on my mantle next to one of the old cassette transformers (the lion).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts