AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am really confused about choosing a cable here. I can't get Transparent cable for trial. They are not available in cable company for rental. I need to get them from the dealer, but the dealer wanted a full price paid for the cable before I can bring it home. I tried MIT oracle V2 speaker cable, and MIT MI-350 interconnect in my system. They sounded great, but I just need some assurance that Transparent Reference will not be a whole lot better than that. Anybody ever tried to compare MIT oracle series with Transparent reference? I am using my system for both Home theatre and Stereo.

Preamp: Theta Casanova

Amp: FPB 200c (L/R)

FPB 250M (C)

Speaker: Wilson Audio WATT/PUPPY 6 (L/R)

Wilson Audio Watch Center (C)

Source: Sony DVP 7700

Anybody please help me decide which one should I get. Any suggestions/ comments will be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have MusicWave Plus Biwire's and really like tham a lot. i started at the low end and liked what i heard, so i upgraded. all my interconnects are MucisLink Plus's too.

the Reference cables are a bit out of my price range. but i've listened to them with WATT/Puppy 5's, Revels and Vandersteen 5's. they're good cables.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello Sholei,

I think both the MIT Oracle and Transparent reference cables are phenomenal cables but very pricey.

I bought a used EAD Ultradisc 2000 cd player from an audiophile in New York. And he recommended buying Harmonic Technology cables for both Speaker cables and Interconnect. He switched from Transparent Reference cables to Harmonic Technology. Because he said the sound was comparable but the Harmonic cables were a fraction of the price. And at the time he had Mark Levinson 333 with Wilson Speakers.

I myself have loved the Harmonic Technology cables in my Hometheater system. I have an EAD theatermaster Signature preamp/processor and Powermaster 2000 with Mirage M1 speaker package.

Just my 2cents, Brian

·
Registered
413 Posts
sholei:

I'm not in position to tell the Transparent are better than the MIT or viceversa. (All my experience on network cables is limited to my current MIT MI-330 Plus Series II interconnects).

...However, more and more times, here as well as in other forums, I am reading growing claims from users who assure that (silver and/or copper) mono-crystal cables and interconnects, such as those from Harmonic Tech., Granite Audio, Acoustic Zen, Maple Audio, and others, can offer the same (or even better performance) than that of the top network cables at a fraction of their price.

Take, for instance, the case of AVS fellow Steve Bruzonsky, who recently replace all of their previous top-of-the-line Transparent cable and interconnects by new ones from Granite Audio. He has posted in many opportunities his total satisfaction with these Granite Audio cables.

Good luck!

J.V.

·
Registered
21,355 Posts
J.V. is talkin' about me!!!! I don't miss the Transparent Cabling one bit!!! I have joined those audiophiles who question having networks altering the signal.

Although I admit that in the case of Watt Puppies, they may have been designed to be synergistic

with the Transparent Reference cabling. But look at what you pay for that!!! Look at what even better electronics and speakers you could have paid instead of that Reference Transparent cabling.

If you choose to go Transparent, buy used. With patience you will find it at about 1/3 of new cost used on Audiogon. I have no doubt their reference cabling will sound great with your Watt Puppy 6s, but buying new is wasting your bucks and other products are much better for the buck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.