AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It look more like a very long commercial for the new Audi A8 sedan. :) The first one was okay, plot was a little over the top but great action and driving scenes. Should be on HBO in March 06.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
great action and driving scenes.
Exactly why I enjoyed the first one as well. Nothing to think about....just good fun.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
outside of the action sequences the first one sucked, badly..

Is this another case of a moderately successful low budget movie getting a sequel with a ridiculously high budget?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yea, the second one does look better then the first. I think that's because they were shocked the first did so well, so they received a bigger budget for the sequel. I've seen that guy in other british movies and had no idea he had Kung Fu skills. He can get up there and do some splits, boy. Looking forward to this.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Frankly I think it looks terrible.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red
Yea, the second one does look better then the first. I think that's because they were shocked the first did so well, so they received a bigger budget for the sequel. I've seen that guy in other british movies and had no idea he had Kung Fu skills. He can get up there and do some splits, boy. Looking forward to this.
Jason Stratham was in one of my favorite movies - Snatch, and I had no idea about the fighting skills either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
Frankly I think it looks terrible.
Come on Matt...tell us how you really feel. :D

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to the second one.

The trailer looks cool.

Redhouse

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman
Jason Stratham was in one of my favorite movies - Snatch, and I had no idea about the fighting skills either.

Come on Matt...tell us how you really feel. :D
Yea, Snatch and I think Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels? He was awesome. Then he's ripping off his shirt looking like Claude Van Damm and doing Bruce Lee stuff and I was shocked.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I want to see more driving!

Otherwise, it looks kickass!

I enjoyed the first flick, sure some parts were corny, but overall i liked it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The trailer looks good. Also helps that I am a big Audi geek. But will I be going to the theater to see this? Nope. I'll wait for the DVD. I broke my record of 3 years of not going to the theaters until Star Wars Episode III came out. Now time to see if I can beat that record fo 3 years.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This movie looks awesome! I loved the first one. Just some good ol popcorn movie fun...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
It look more like a very long commercial for the new Audi A8 sedan. :) The first one was okay, plot was a little over the top but great action and driving scenes. Should be on HBO in March 06.
Yeah, Ronin is my favorite Audi long-form commercial;)

I find it'd be better to 'region free' my DVD player and get the original Taxi's (both them and the Transporter series were done/produced by Luc Besson (i.e. Fifth Element, Nikita.)). But, what other scene in the trailers won't make it into the film (remember the 'use serving tray to deflect missiles' that didn't make it into the first Transporter. And hopefully this will be Jason as in Lock Stock, or Snatch, not The One.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Word is that the sequel is even more mindless, with even less of a plot, if that is even possible.

What bothers me is how on the "making of" special for Transporter 2 on the new DVD, they explicitly say that they tried to have a deeper plot. LIES.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
I'm the biggest Guy Ritchie fan you'll ever meet and I'm dreading Revolver will be all about Kaballah like the script review said. Hey, at least they said the first 30 minutes is like "Snatch Part 2." :D :D :D
Now that is a movie i would like to see, guy ritchie makes the most hilarious movies, and i love his music choices for the movies. :D

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.