AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to a new house in a few days, but for wiring and testing purposes, I need to have my Toshiba 40 in. TheaterWide over there today (so I can't wait for the movers).

My question... is it dangerous/hazardous/damaging to lay the TV on its back in the back of my Jeep and drive it over there with it laying down? It's only three blocks away.

P.S. I emailed Toshiba Tech Support, but apparently they don't answer their e-mail. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
You may be risking damaging the mirrors. I know with Mitsubishi rptv, they must stay mostly upright or the mirrors will fall out and break. Tosh may be different. I would keep it upright even if you have to carry it three blocks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can speak from experience. Avoid tilting the unit at all cost. Keep it upright while moving with only the occasional tilt in any direction.

Not only will the mirror breal but the whole damn box get out of square if not treated kindly.

I know this because that is what happened when my first unit was delivered. Because of that Toshiba sent me a new one a few days after.

If possibel find someone with a van or a pick up and have some folks help get it in and out in the verical.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree with the others here - keep the beast upright. I moved my old Tosh 65"er at least 5 times and never had any problems. Cover the screen with a soft moving pad or two and securly strap the RP in place.

Expect convergenge to go out a bit every time you move it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Well you've got one dissenter here! I have never had any problems transporting RPTVs on their back (and I've moved many this way). In fact, when the service shop takes them away, that's how they lay them in the van. The mirror popping out is possible, I suppose, but not very likely if the TV is on it's backside.

Cross-country I'd want the TV upright, but for local moves, I see no problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! 3-1? Not good odds methinks. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.