AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've had a constant crawl on during the entire broadcast so far begging for people to send in text messages "that we'll show nationally!" and "see your name up in lights!" and now we're barraged with the resulting garbage.

I suspect they'll keep it up during the parade itself.

Thank God my DISH network receiver as a "partial zoom" mode - I'll lose content off the sides and top but it's better than having to see the #[email protected]! crawl.

Why do broadcasters insist on doing this?

·
Registered
17,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk /forum/post/15430195

They've had a constant crawl on during the entire broadcast so far begging for people to send in text messages "that we'll show nationally!" and "see your name up in lights!" and now we're barraged with the resulting garbage.

I suspect they'll keep it up during the parade itself.

Thank God my DISH network receiver as a "partial zoom" mode - I'll lose content off the sides and top but it's better than having to see the #[email protected]! crawl.

Why do broadcasters insist on doing this?

It's an instant check of ratings.

It's like getting kids to write in join the "Howdy Doody" gang. You get real world results of who really is watching, not just what Nielson thinks are watching.

It also keeps people watching, waiting for their comment to pop up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.