AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am living in Beijing, China and will have a chance to visit the States on September.

I want to buy a projector like LT150 or similar ones during my staying in US.

Due to the very short stay,on-line buying is near impossible to me, I am thinking to get one on street shops.

Did anybody know good shops selling lt150 in LA, or any better suggestions for my situation?

I also want to know if US has the Tax-free policy for travellers like European countries.

THanks.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
YXWU..

WHy not contact AVScience..you could prepay the projector then simply have them overnight it to your hotel or too the nearest FEd-Ex location where you will be staying..then you can pick it up whenever you want from FED _EX...or have the Hotel manager put it in the office for you.

THen after you get it....discard all the packing but keep the carying case and just carry it onto the plane home with you....

Done..

Regards,

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abigpicture,

I can not prepay because I don't have international credit card, I can only pay it in cash.

Waiting for suggestions.....

yxwu.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I'll bet you can send a money order via express mail to AV Science on day one, day 2 AV Science can overnight a projector to you and you'll have it by early on day 3.

or,

You might prepay via wire or and just let Alans guys exactly what date you will be at your hotel and it will be waiting for you when you arrive.

I'm sure that would be less including overnight shipping, if necessary, than a local shop especially after after local sales tax is added on!

Send an email to AV Science about specific arangements but I bet one of those scenarios would work for both of you!

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.