AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Ok I totally missed this, time to catch up!

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
I like the show but idk. Seems like they're trying so hard to strong you along with this huge intertwining story that it's taking away from the show.

Maybe I didn't explain that well. But anyone else feeling similar?
While I am still all in, I do agree that it seems like a lot of threads. At least the Indian and Korean women kind of came together.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
While I am still all in, I do agree that it seems like a lot of threads. At least the Indian and Korean women kind of came together.

For sure I’m still all in. I’m a sucker for this type of thing.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
I'm at episode 5, Bentley just murdered the Magyar language :eek:
Yeah there are a lot of subplots going on and I have a feeling they won't or not all be solved on this season....

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Another solid episode this week, full of fight scenes, globe-trotting, and intrigue. I wish SoYun would go clubbing every episode. lol

I suspect this season will resolve the Stiletto Six story line, but I'm sure it will take some time (multiple seasons) before the show works its way all the way up the Cicada program chain.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Huge revelations with one more episode to go:

Levine and the CIA's involvement in Treadstone/Cicadas didn't surprise me, but Tara Coleman being an asset definitely did. I trust that in the season finale we'll be given a very good reason why so much time has been dedicated to the flashbacks with Bentley (besides showing how hot Petra was in her 20s ;) ).

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Yeah that's the connection I'm waiting to be explained, I'm guessing he's "subject 0" or what ever they gonna call the first of them.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Decent finale with some interesting reveals, but still left a few too many open questions and loose ends for my taste. It's like the show ended with an episode or two remaining. The situation with SoYun and Doug (and his wife) especially seemed to be left hanging. At any rate, I'm definitely all in for a season 2 assuming it gets made.

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Huge revelations with one more episode to go:

Levine and the CIA's involvement in Treadstone/Cicadas didn't surprise me, but Tara Coleman being an asset definitely did. I trust that in the season finale we'll be given a very good reason why so much time has been dedicated to the flashbacks with Bentley (besides showing how hot Petra was in her 20s ;) ).
I have to admit that I was completely surprised by Tara.

Decent finale with some interesting reveals, but still left a few too many open questions and loose ends for my taste. It's like the show ended with an episode or two remaining. The situation with SoYun and Doug (and his wife) especially seemed to be left hanging. At any rate, I'm definitely all in for a season 2 assuming it gets made.
I agree. Those two story lines seemed rushed like they almost forgot about them. I can't wait for season 2.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Wait. Was that the season finale? I’m not an episode behind, am I? I don’t think I am.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
REALLY looking forward to season 2 and seeing where they go. They came out with both barrels loaded for this show and blew it out of the park for us. So well done, amazing action scenes, top notch series. I hope they keep it up in season 2 and keeps up the pace too.

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
I didn't watch this series on USA, but got interested with how favorable many on this thread viewed it. Wonder if S-1 will end up on a streaming service (Netflix? Amazon?) in the near future? If so, I'll catch it there - in 4K/HDR. :) I guess it depends on licensing deals with the production studio, network, etc.

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
I didn't watch this series on USA, but got interested with how favorable many on this thread viewed it. Wonder if S-1 will end up on a streaming service (Netflix? Amazon?) in the near future? If so, I'll catch it there - in 4K/HDR. :) I guess it depends on licensing deals with the production studio, network, etc.
Amazon Prime in the middle of January. They finally get a decent show.:eek:

All kidding aside, the Expanse was the biggest and best show they have followed by Jack Ryan. A pretty big fall off after that. The best thing that ever happened to Prime Video was SyFy giving up on The Expanse.

·
Registered
27,438 Posts

All kidding aside, the Expanse was the biggest and best show they have followed by Jack Ryan. A pretty big fall off after that. The best thing that ever happened to Prime Video was SyFy giving up on The Expanse.
Yeah, I agree. Hard to argue that 'The Expanse' is not now Amazon's best "original" series. Syfy wasn't making enough money on it since it was not produced in house. Alcon Entertainment produces the show. In retrospect, the best thing to happen to 'The Expanse' was Syfy cancelling it.

It's apparently Bezo's favorite show and he was pissed when Syfy got it to begin with. Since he doesn't care how much it costs or even how many eyeballs it attracts, it could go the full nine years on Prime. I sure hope so.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Wonder if S-1 will end up on a streaming service (Netflix? Amazon?) in the near future? If so, I'll catch it there - in 4K/HDR. :) I guess it depends on licensing deals with the production studio, network, etc.

Not so fast: the Amazon deal is only for outside the US ;)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

Ever heard of Bosch (there have been several seasons)?
Not saying The Expanse doesn't go straight to the top (and one of my fav Sci-fi series ever--Star Trek included), but Amazon has upped their game considerably in the last year or so (and I don't even watch Marvelous Mrs. Maisel--which garners the most awards).
Having said all that...I'm enjoying Treadstone, but hope they "tighten up" the story line(s) in future season(s).

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Ever heard of Bosch (there have been several seasons)?
Not saying The Expanse doesn't go straight to the top (and one of my fav Sci-fi series ever--Star Trek included), but Amazon has upped their game considerably in the last year or so (and I don't even watch Marvelous Mrs. Maisel--which garners the most awards).
Having said all that...I'm enjoying Treadstone, but hope they "tighten up" the story line(s) in future season(s).
I have heard of it. My best friend said it wasn't bad. I have ZERO interest in Maisel.

I am currently watching High Castle. I should say hate watching, because it is frustrating.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts