AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Bosch is excellent, but I grew up down there so I love all the local scenery. Also finally watched Goliath, not sure if I liked it or hated it. Kind of both.

(this is related to the amazon prime talk)

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Amazon Prime Video, 1080p. Gave up on it during Episode 3. Constant back and forth of years, cities, characters lost us.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Amazon Prime Video, 1080p. Gave up on it during Episode 3. Constant back and forth of years, cities, characters lost us.
Lol yeah it is pretty all over the place, difficult to track at first.

Reactions: Panson

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Lol yeah it is pretty all over the place, difficult to track at first.
A poster on this thread mentioned that it's the ride that counts. This and that remind me of (I think it was a Peter Sellers movie) a train compartment with revolving seats and ever-changing passengers.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Treadstone starts to come together at about the fourth or fifth episode. It's not like the Witcher where you aren't even told where or when you are in the broader narrative arc. If you otherwise like the characters and the action, it's worth sticking with, IMO.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
I really dug this show. The action and fight choreography are top notch for a tv show. Rivaling a lot movies.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I enjoyed it. Most shows are what I call "monster of the week" where each week whatever's going on is solved while this series is something you need to see every episode to know what's going on and I thoroughly enjoyed how it ties in at the end. I'm looking forward to next season.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Treadstone Canceled By USA Network

USA Network has opted not to proceed with new seasons of its high-profile drama series The Purge and Treadstone, its action series set in the Jason Bourne film universe...both dramas were expensive while not drawing enough eyeballs on linear television...according to Deadline, the cancellations come as part of a larger programming shift at USA Network, which plans to move away from original scripted series and focus on live and unscripted programming...

https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-pu...tegy-shift-two-seasons-one-season-1202934081/

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Treadstone Canceled By USA Network

USA Network has opted not to proceed with new seasons of its high-profile drama series The Purge and Treadstone, its action series set in the Jason Bourne film universe...both dramas were expensive while not drawing enough eyeballs on linear television...according to Deadline, the cancellations come as part of a larger programming shift at USA Network, which plans to move away from original scripted series and focus on live and unscripted programming...

https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-pu...tegy-shift-two-seasons-one-season-1202934081/
Very disappointed but not surprised. It looks like the pandemic may be pushing cable channels closer to the inevitable time when all their original content will consist of only reality TV, talk shows, and talent shows.

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I really enjoyed this show and was looking forward to the next season. Oh well. Good luck USA, as the rest of your line up is junk.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I really enjoyed this show and was looking forward to the next season. Oh well. Good luck USA, as the rest of your line up is junk.
As the mighty Meatloaf once sang, you took the words right out of my mouth. My feelings exactly.

Reactions: Garrett Adams

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
I wonder if we could get the Great TV Show Savior to give Treadstone a reprieve. They did it for The Expanse. I wonder how many people signed up just to see The Expanse. Make it so Amazon.:)

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
So this one is on my list of stuff I thought I'd watch someday when it gets to the streaming world. I don't really bother much with USA Network material, so I was kind of surprised to read how much a lot of guys here liked it. So I moved it into the "worthy" category.

Should I bother now? Or does it end with some huge cliffhanger that will never be resolved and just piss me off when I get there?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
So this one is on my list of stuff I thought I'd watch someday when it gets to the streaming world. I don't really bother much with USA Network material, so I was kind of surprised to read how much a lot of guys here liked it. So I moved it into the "worthy" category.

Should I bother now? Or does it end with some huge cliffhanger that will never be resolved and just piss me off when I get there?
this along with Briarpatch are great series from USA I watched both on the ATV with great PQ.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts