AVS Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
20,438 Posts
What was that one about? Was it only one season as well?

New show on USA, just finished its first season a few weeks ago. It’s about a sister who comes back to her hometown to investigate a murder. Set in New Mexico so you’ll see some similarities set wise to Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. Stars Rosario Dawson and was co created/written by Andy Greenwald.

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
Briarpatch was a limited series that ended with an actual resolution to the storyline. Although I'm sure they could have wrung a second season out of it, I don't believe that was the plan even if USA hadn't made this decision to scale back scripted programming.

Rosario Dawson had already committed to joining The Mandalorian for Season 2 before any announcement was made from USA.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Should I bother now? Or does it end with some huge cliffhanger that will never be resolved and just piss me off when I get there?
As I posted earlier in this thread, it felt like the season ended with 1 or 2 episodes to go. The situation with two of the main characters is totally left hanging. And since this is the kind of show that very gradually pulls back the curtain on "who's really behind what's going on," we are left with more questions than answers regarding the meta story in the season finale, though there are certainly enough reveals and twists to make it interesting.

If you have a chance to watch Briarpatch, I do recommend checking that out.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Briarpatch was a peach of a surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed that show.

Reactions: Josh Z

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
By the way, Briarpatch is set in a small fictitious Texas town (San Bonifacio), though shot in Albuquerque. The general setting is made to seem more rural small town than many of the scenes in Breaking Bad and BCS, which are more suburban. One of the major themes of Briarpatch is how confining and limiting the town felt (part of the reason Dill left and didn't come back for so long).

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just finished watching this. I’m disappointed that USA cancelled this ad season 1 ended with a lot of cliffhangers that we will never see resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
TREADSTONE series now streaming on Peacock and HULU.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts