AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with trees blocking the signal. I used to have some poblems on windy days but now that spring is here, I can't get two signal (27 &39 in Atlanta) at all. One of them is CBS (Ow!). Gonna reduce my watching of HD programming substantially until late fall.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Normally with a good sized antenna you can see through trees OK. But they will reduce the signal, especially trees with big leaves and lots of moisture.

Problem will be worse at the high UHF frequencies, and of course the number of trees matters too.

It should only be a problem for fringe stations at 50 plus miles, or very low power stations. Or it could be just making multipath worse, which you can attack with a more directional antenna.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That make sense. Guess I'm SOL. Lots of trees between me and the antenna farm. I'm at about 35 miles and have a huge antenna in the attic. Must not be enough.

Guess I'll have to wait for winter or cable HD. Something tells me I'll see a few more winters before I see HD on cable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've seen posts that suggest that WSB's signal wavelength is the length of our typical Atlanta pine needle causing proglems with reception (UHF 39).

Visit our Yahoo AHDTV group for local topics.

Tom

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I had a tree directly in front of my antenna. After almost killing myself I succedded in cutting the top 25' off the tree (a conifer). It had no effect on the reception.

Just my experience.

Rick R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.