AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I admit it, I liked the movie Tremors - it was a quirky and funny tribute to the beloved BEM (Bug-Eyed Monster) movies of the '50s. Sophisticated humor it was not, but it was enjoyable and not particularly derivative of any one prior film. I've enjoyed watching it maybe three times since it debuted in 1990. It's one of those mindless yet entertaining "popcorn" movies, with enjoyable performances by Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Reba McEntire, and Michael Gross.

Tremors 2 was not nearly as good - I finished it but was never tempted to repeat the experience.

Tremors 3 is really, really bad - I fast-forwarded through a significant portion of the film. The giant worms have morphed into (I kid you not) "Ass Blasters" - ridiculous looking flying critters with tiny little wings, that jet-propel themselves by igniting their (ahem) flatulence. This is for real - and they actually played it straight, not for laughs - unless they were actually trying to be funny and I failed to notice. This film went straight to video with no theatrical release, that should have been a clue - I'll pay more attention next time.

Don't even be tempted - I warned you. Clearly we are experiencing a geometric decay here, with each new installment half as good as the one before. Avoid this one at all costs.

Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the tip Gary!

I also liked Tremors 1 but I'll stay clear of number 3

Robert:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Too late :( and you are so right this one is a stinker! My son is a major Tremor fan and his comment right after the movie was "That was so lame". I wish they would have left this alone after the first, but "It's all about the money boys!" oops..that's another thread.

·
Registered
129 Posts
that is too bad. I liked the Tremors films as welll. I thought even 2 had some enjoyable qualities to it.

I bet that if 3 even makes a little bit of money on the straight to video format, we will see a part 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.