AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own these or have seen and heard them?

I dont know that what I have is upgrade fever but I'm very curious about these speakers.. Considering the Gold LCR's, Gold center and in-ceiling omni golds...

p.s. Today I had a long conversation with Paul Scarpelli from Triad and talk about helpful and informative. Of course, he has been helpful here on the avsforum for awhile.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a full Gold LCR setup in my basement media room. YOu will not be dissapointed. The output is never ending, and you never notice any fatigue. If you have upgraditis, I recommend not listening to them. It sounds like a great setup. How big is your room? What are you planning on using for the low end?

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
I know there are a few other owners of Gold LCRs on the forum, and I encourage them to speak up. Also, there are a few reviews of the Gold LCR system on the Triad website. Notice the similar remarks in the reviews. For what it's worth, HAA has been using Gold LCRs in their eye-opening "before" and "after" dual room demos at CEDIA and CES, illustrating how different two identical systems sound in an untreated room, and then in a treated room. Presumably, this demo mandates an accurate speaker that will nail listeners to the back wall when asked to. There's also an InWall Gold/6 LCR that sounds just like the InRoom Gold LCR, for flush inwall installations where at least 6" of stud space is available.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for a single (or possibly a pair) Triad Gold LCR.

I have a mint condition Triad Gold center channel speaker with the factory Bird's Eye Maple finish.

This is the current version of this speaker. It was new in October 2006, purchased here from AVS. I have the original box for shipping. It is in perfect condition.

I am switching to an acoustically transparent screen so I don't need the horizontally configured center channel; I would prefer a center channel identical to my left and right speakers...finish / colour does not matter.

I know it's a long shot, but perhaps someone else is in the opposite situation?

I would trade my center channel speaker straight across for any single Triad Gold LCR, or I would consider a trade / cash deal for a pair of Gold LCRs (current model only please).

Please don't reply with offers for any different speakers, as if I can't find a trade I will simply go ahead and use the speaker I have, mounted vertically on a stand.

Thanks,

Doug

250-655-1504

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.