AVS Forum banner

10821 - 10834 of 10834 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a question about the In Ceiling Silver/6 Sats. The speaker baffle is angled at 35 degrees; therefore the speaker actually directs sound at 55 degrees, since the speaker directs in the opposite direction of the 0 plane, it actually projects at 55 degrees (90-35). Based on the location the sats were installed before, I could put them back where they were as front heights, instead of patching the holes in the ceilng. The main problem I see with this is that they will be pretty wide. What are your thoughts or opinions about this? More than anything, I'd like to reinstall the speakers there for any purpose, just so i don't have to patch the holes.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
I would use those ceiling spaces for TOP FRONTS. Your speakers are at a 35 degree angle for the listener, according to your diagram. So those should be labelled TOP FRONT. Not Front Height.

(I'm not talking about the baffle, which matters for tonality, but about the position of the driver relative to the listener, which determines LOCATION.)

The width is not ideal, but imo, acceptable, given the dispersion of the speakers.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a question about the In Ceiling Silver/6 Sats. The speaker baffle is angled at 35 degrees; therefore the speaker actually directs sound at 55 degrees, since the speaker directs in the opposite direction of the 0 plane, it actually projects at 55 degrees (90-35). Based on the location the sats were installed before, I could put them back where they were as front heights, instead of patching the holes in the ceilng. The main problem I see with this is that they will be pretty wide. What are your thoughts or opinions about this? More than anything, I'd like to reinstall the speakers there for any purpose, just so i don't have to patch the holes. View attachment 3077406
I have the same ceiling speakers. I don't remember where I found the actual Triad calculator, but here's a copy of my calculations. But, you have C as 55*, I have C as 35* (which is the default entry). One of us is confused.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A few questions:

Total Room Size? (WHD)
How close is the seating to the side and back walls?
Do you have any other speakers in the ceiling?
What is the budget for your Atmos speakers?
Its an odd L shaped room with my screen on the head of the L.
14.5'W, 24'D 8.5'H
Seating position at 9ft back from screen, 3 seats centered in room,
I know ideally for a 7.1 you would have the tripoles on the sides, and back, but im thinking my back speakers would be too far back now in this new space, plus the is no wall on the back side as its open to the rest of the room.

I dont have any ceiling speakers yet, so thats my decision factor with how to best put back and Atmos speakers. Should i go inceiling or an angled wedge style atmos height channel on side and back walls high up to the ceiling?

·
Registered
470 Posts
C is the baffle angle, but rpm900 is talking about the mounting position versus the listener's head, which is the unlabelled brown angle here. Which determines which position the decoder should be set for.

View attachment 3077588
What is the decoder? Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cool cork walls. Can i ask where you get the material?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Assuming your seats are more than 3 feet away from the back wall you could go with IC Bronze/8 LCRs for Atmos.
Yes i am about at im at 10ft front front of room, 14ft from back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’m going to be outfitting my room with the Silver LCR in-walls behind an AT screen.

I came across this amp at a great deal and was wondering if it would be a good fit for powering 3 of the silver LCR’s and maybe even 2 additional surround channels?

I don’t listen at reference.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10821 - 10834 of 10834 Posts