AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished setting up my demo theater, and I used triads for the first time.

3 platinum lcrs in the front

2 gold surrounds on the sides

2 gold surrounds on the rear

(subs are not triad...2 m&k mx5000thx on the lfe and 2 svs 39 on sub left and right)

all are driven by a sunfire signature cinema grand and a lex mc12.

all I can say is:

"Holly ****!"

If anyone is in the eastern PA area and wants to stop by to hear these triads in the "italian villa theater," feel free to. I still can't get over how good they sound. They certainly are expensive (about $21,000 for the triads and $7500 for the subs) but man...are they worth it!

A small pic of the "italian villa theater" is attached.

Ok..I am sounding too much like a commercial. The point is, I tried out Triad because of Dennis Erskine's suggestion...and man, am I glad I did.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true....start saving now!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gotta love the sounds of those Triads. My Golds make my ears bleed let alone the Platinum's. "WOW" is a good word when you hear that system.

How do you like the SV subwoofers in your theater when mixed with the Triads? Just curious.

Ben

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by acaciolo
(about $21,000 for the triads and $7500 for the subs) but man...are they worth it!
Hey for that kinda $$$, they BETTER be worth it.:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice set up, but a little too rich for my budget........*L*

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The svs subs are working out great. I am using them as the left and right subs...the m&K is handling the lfe.

I had some space issues...and believe it or not, the SVS were the best fit for my installation (I have them hidden...disguised as shipping crates on the side of the room)

One thing that has amazed me about the triads is the imaging. It is amazing!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw...it is a little too rich for my budget also...but luckily, it is in my company's model home...so my company paid for it, and I am a Triad dealer...so it was a little less painful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.