AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,037 Posts
Yeah, I bought it and it's absolutely fantastic. Well worth the 1200pts, to me. It's a tough game so don't expect to breeze through it by any stretch. I beat Splosion man and I'm finding this more difficult, for comparison.


Feel free to add me for leaderboard comparisons:

Robert R1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the chance to try to demo, so far it seems pretty fun but the 1200 price point is pretty steep. If it was 800pts I'd be all over it.


By the way, is there a point to making flips on the bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,961 Posts
Played the demo and loved it. But, yeah, I'm hesitating at the $15 price tag. There aren't that many levels, and I don't like the "Skill" games. The regular levels are excellent, but it doesn't look there are that many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/16992165


Played the demo and loved it. But, yeah, I'm hesitating at the $15 price tag. There aren't that many levels, and I don't like the "Skill" games. The regular levels are excellent, but it doesn't look there are that many.

I picked it up last night after playing thru the demo. I really enjoyed the demo and I really enjoy this genre of games. There ARE a good amount of levels (50 to be exact). If 50 levels aren't enough to satisfy your Trials fill then I don't know what to say. Overall I find it to be a great game.


It is one of those games you can play before or after a long gaming session. You can pick it up and try and perfect just one level to get the gold medal...which isn't easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
After reading the reviews and hungry for a new, a bit cheap, game, I bought it. Wow. It is a lot of fun. A buddy of mine came over after I downloaded it and we played it for 2.5 hours!!!! This is a FUN game....50 maps! Can't wait for future DLC for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,941 Posts
I downloaded the demo as well and enjoyed it, but kind of balking at the $15 price.


Can you make your own tracks and share them? 50 levels is a good amount, but they seem kind of short. If you can create and share levels, then that might make it worth the purchase.


It's a souped up Excitebike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts
this game has been recreated hundreds of times online in flash. It was one of the first style fo games to benefit from complex physics for flash. it being thrown into a completely 3d rendered environment is actually pretty cool but I was never very good at the flash ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/16992554


I downloaded the demo as well and enjoyed it, but kind of balking at the $15 price.


Can you make your own tracks and share them? 50 levels is a good amount, but they seem kind of short. If you can create and share levels, then that might make it worth the purchase.


It's a souped up Excitebike.

I'm in the same boat. Really enjoyed the demo but the 1200 points is holding me back. I'm really jonesing to play the full game so I will probably crack and buy it.


Yes, you can make your own levels and share them. I found out the hard way that you cannot save a level if you make one in the demo. Spent 30 minutes playing around will the level editor. Not sure if it is the same in the full version but the level editor map doesn't seem to be all that long in the demo.


I imagine there will be some really good user created maps so that should extend the life of the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog /forum/post/16992812


I'm in the same boat. Really enjoyed the demo but the 1200 points is holding me back. I'm really jonesing to play the full game so I will probably crack and buy it.


Yes, you can make your own levels and share them. I found out the hard way that you cannot save a level if you make one in the demo. Spent 30 minutes playing around will the level editor. Not sure if it is the same in the full version but the level editor map doesn't seem to be all that long in the demo.


I imagine there will be some really good user created maps so that should extend the life of the game.

Wow, I didn't know the level editor was open in the demo - I assumed that it was going to tell me to buy the full game.


Being able to share them over Live will probably get me to buy this game. I'd like to see some more feedback on the editor and shared maps before I buy though.


It's a fun pick up and play type of game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
Definitely a fun time waster. I spent the whole night making a level and testing it. Even though I knew I couldn't save it, it was still fun playing around with the editor. I showed my wife the basic little level I made. She commented that it was even a fun game to watch due to being able to do jumps, flips, etc. She was cracking up at the rag doll physics when crashing. I did alot of that.




EDIT: Just read that the Map sharing is Friends List only. That definitely needs to be changed. Hopefully they will patch that. Ideally would be a rating system for the maps and then a search by top rated maps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog /forum/post/16993012


EDIT: Just read that the Map sharing is Friends List only. That definitely needs to be changed. Hopefully they will patch that. Ideally would be a rating system for the maps and then a search by top rated maps.

Ouch. I hope they do change it to the way you suggested. My friends aren't that creative.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
my 2 cents. the game is bada$$. easy to learn. difficult to master. lots of stages. you can create your own stages. its all physics based. graphics are top notch (for being an arcade title). this game is basic in its premise. get to the end of the map the fastest. the difficulty is in the obstacles you're presented. being heavy on the physics, you must lean your bike forward and backward, speed up, slow down, flip over, under, VERY ADDICTIVE. i've ranked #460 yesterday on one particular map with the 3rd unlocked bike.


also try out the bonus games. you can "ski-jump" for distance, ride inside a gigantic metal ball for distance, you and your bike can be the ball in a giant pinball game for height, jump through ring of fires where your bike turns into a friggin rocket ship (must have game to know what i'm talking about).


the map sharing is the same as Kodu, where your friends need to have a map to share for you to download anything. there was recently an update to Kodu that put up a playlist of the top shared maps and anyone can download from there. so i'm very certain they're working on that for this game.

DLC is a definite must for this game.


i created a POS stage and set it up for sharing, but so far only RaneXtreme on my friends list has this game as well.


DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DOWNLOADING THE DEMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
very very cool game



later on you'll grow to HATE the controls.... i dont understand why you lean forward and then you're stuck there.... if you rock back, and end up going forward again, you're screwing up your preload, and making mistakes or crashing....


i REALLY wish this game had analog control for the lean, but not only is it digital, it sticks where you put it.... horrible design IMO.


that said, there is still plenty of fun to be had, it was 12:30 last night by the time i looked at my watch, and i had an "oh ****, i better got to bed" moment


leaderboard competition with friends is fun, i went through and beat my buddy on most all the stages i played (robertR1 too
)


haven't tried the map editor, but the replay function is cool, you can bust your camera out and record it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
I was gettin all fancy and what not. doing front flips and back flips when i shouldnt have. still getting gold medals on those tracks!


i went for the gold so i had to restart entire levels from the beginning for a little crash right at the end. OCD much? maybe.


i noticed that leaning thing also. you press forward and the rider stays like that till you press back. hopefully an update can give us full analog rider control.


what would be cool is to be able to do custom logos on your rider. it has a pretty decent color changer for your rider and bikes, but only 1 logo and you cant move it or copy and paste it around. maybe an option to have more logos would be cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
I only have the demo. It is one sick game right here. I need to DL the entire game pretty soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I'm loving this game. Definitely one of the most fun, addicting, and frustrating
games on the 360. My son and I played for several hours last night and had a blast.


I've played Trials 2: Second Edition on the PC and Trials HD is exactly what I expected and then some. I really like the mini games.


GT: Rane Xtreme
 
1 - 20 of 270 Posts
Top