AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is already a thread on this over in the BD forum but I wanted to share it here for those that don't frequent that forum and may have missed this one. From IMDB "When Jess sets sail on a yacht with a group of friends, she cannot shake the feeling that there is something wrong. Her suspicions are realized when the yacht hits a storm and the group is forced to board a passing ocean liner to get to safety, a ship Jess is convinced she's been on before. The ship appears deserted, the clock on board has stopped, but they are not alone... Someone is intent on hunting them down, one by one. And Jess unknowingly holds the key to end the terror." Trailer

I don't know that I would really call this a horror movie but it may fall slightly into that category for an average joe that doesn't watch much horror. The real charm this film has is the constant tension in builds as you try to put it all together. All I can say is this is well worth a rent and you will need to pay attention to what seems like casual dialogue. Melissa George was fantastic in this, highly recommended!

·
23,032 Posts
I watched the BD over the weekend. Not a bad movie, I enjoyed it. Once the central theme go into full swing it was somewhat obvious to me the reason for it. And, I agree it's not really a horror movie - very minor gore/blood and just some unexplainable things happening until you see why.

larry

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I have this in my Netflix WI queue based on the BD thread. Was going to watch it last night but decided to watch Raising Arizona instead since I hadn't seen it for years.

No, I didn't watch the Oscars, continuiing my ~10 year streak of refusing to watch awards shows.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Hmm I thought I posted about this a few month's back.

Movie is not your typical Horror but in a way it very much is. Enjoyed it very very much.

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/18272951

Hmm I thought I posted about this a few month's back.

Movie is not your typical Horror but in a way it very much is. Enjoyed it very very much.

If you did start a thread earlier, I couldn't find it searching for "triangle" in title.

larry

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation! This is a great movie, watched it twice back to back and will probably watch it again in a few days.

Love these types of movies, especially when they are done as well as this one.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Hadn't heard of this one. Thanks a lot for posting about it. I'll definitely rent it based on what I've read here.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Just realized it was streamable (is that a word?...it is now) from Netflix.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
This is really a film that makes you think long after you view it. Like Lwright suggested earlier in this thread, check out some talk about it from people who've seen it (after you watch it). The BD thread here has some good stuff. Much more to this one than what's on the surface.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Watched it again tonight and finally got it why this was happening on the second viewing.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The driver at the end of the movie was Death. She promised to come back to him but never does. Thus she is doomed to repeat the cycle!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/18307400

Watched it again tonight and finally got it why this was happening on the second viewing.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The driver at the end of the movie was Death. She promised to come back to him but never does. Thus she is doomed to repeat the cycle!

Wytchone, have you read the other Triangle thread in the BD section (and the spoilers)? If not, I highly recommend that you do. Awesome stuff for an awesome movie.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/18307400

Or...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) ...the cabbie is the Ferryman (staying with Greek Mythology). Of course, the ferryman has to be paid to take one to Hades. But since she tells him to keep the meter running, she didn't, or couldn't pay him. So she continues to pay the price for murdering her son...knowing that she'll return, keeping her promise to the cabbie. I took the bird to be Death (since the greek death god is often shown having wings). Jess has her memories of what went before until she falls asleep and has the dream. When the boat capsizes, all die except for Heather (which is why she was "missing.") But that is just my take on it. Check out some of the posts/links on the BD Software forum. Some folks have written a complete thesis!!)

·
Registered
4,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/18307483

Wytchone, have you read the other Triangle thread in the BD section (and the spoilers)? If not, I highly recommend that you do. Awesome stuff for an awesome movie.

Going there now , thanks guys!

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Just had a second watching in as many days....I'm still bewildered by it. I believe I have the answer and will watch this again this weekend with friends....it will definitely give us something to discuss at length.

Thanks for the recommendation - I would have missed this otherwise.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen arcane /forum/post/18337468

Thanks for the recommendation - I would have missed this otherwise.

That's an understatement. I've seen so many movies based off recommendations by forum members whose opinions I trust that I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

For all the crap you have to sift through here sometimes, it's usually worth it in the end.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I liked it, especially since effort was actually put into the plot. And Melissa George is great in this movie. Worth seeing, BUT, I somehow wish it had been more engaging. It's fun to think about, analyze, and put together the puzzle pieces after the fact, but somehow actually watching it didn't really grab me. I think it was the director's fault--they had this great location (the deserted ship), but it wasn't very creepy or claustrophobic. Maybe it would have been better if it had a "Session 9" vibe to it (actually, plot-wise they're both fairly similar movies, but S9 is much better IMHO).

Again, I liked it. Better than most. But the implications of what is happening here is very creepy while what we see is not. Too bad. I'd kind of like to watch it again, with hindsight of what's happening, but I'm not sure I care enough.

Exception--best scene in the movie:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) when the red head goes above deck to die and she's surrounded by her own bodies
Creepy, atmospheric stuff. The movie needed to be more like that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts