AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to distribute the video from a DVD changer and satellite TV to 4 different rooms/tvs. Here is the problem. The DVD is simple enough, but each room requires its own satellite receiver. So I need to control the DVD and the individual satellite receiver from each location. I was hoping to send the IR signal over coax. The modulated DVD source (including IR) needs to come before the video distribution panel, whereas each satellite receiver (and associated IR) would need to come after. How can I succesfully combine these IR signals into a functional system??

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'd suggest our Panorama product (hi-def, switching and directed ir over a single CAT5e), but it is 4 in/6 out and it appears you needs 5 in....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Goddard /forum/post/0

I'd suggest our Panorama product (hi-def, switching and directed ir over a single CAT5e), but it is 4 in/6 out and it appears you needs 5 in....

hmmm, what is the model number of this unit? will it allow each zone to control the DVD player AND one of the satellite receivers? i could possibly scale down to four inputs if it would work. i'm trying to picture the connections... each receiver is a different input and can be controlled seperately? viewed on different channels?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you can deal with "only" four sources, it will do all you want and more...

You can watch any source in any room and can control any source individually from any room.

Be forewarned though, this is designed as an entire hi-def video distribution and control solution. It is not designed for DIY nor is it sold at retail, it is for professional custom installation.

http://www.netstreams.com/prodcatres.aspx?ID=4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am an installer. do you have any idea what this pruduct sells for?? i can't find any indication of cost and i don't know if it will fall within the budget of this project. otherwise i will have to set up a seperate IR for each receiver.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I don't have any idea where you are located (it is a good idea to have general location indicator in your profile) so I don't know which regional manager to refer you to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.