AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Monoprice 3337 mount to use with my Samsung 32" LN32A450. The mount will stick out on each side, and the way my tv bumps out towards the bottom on the back will either make the part that attaches to the tv 1/2 inch from the tv or have to have the them stick up from the top of the tv.

Can I just cut/trim this mount so that its all behind the tv and doesn't show?

Has anybody done this with success? Please post pics

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspainhower /forum/post/15580076

I bought the Monoprice 3337 mount to use with my Samsung 32" LN32A450. The mount will stick out on each side, and the way my tv bumps out towards the bottom on the back will either make the part that attaches to the tv 1/2 inch from the tv or have to have the them stick up from the top of the tv.

Can I just cut/trim this mount so that its all behind the tv and doesn't show?

Has anybody done this with success? Please post pics
you post pictures. and links.

from your description, who knows? i haven't a clue from what you wrote.

TVbc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures. The first one shows the mount and where I want to trum it so it doesn't stick out past the tv. The second one shows the tv where it bumps out in the back.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
if your talking about cutting the two verticle runs that bolt to your display yes you can, I have done it several times on all kinds of mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about the horizontal run that they attach to? It will stick out about 1/2 an inch on each side if I don't trim it.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
both cuts sound okay. but why not just contact monoprice and give them the picture links (make your cutlines more obvious). they are sure to know...

TVbc

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
it'll be interesting to see what they say.

on second thought, i think cutting the horizontal might be problematic, as i assume that bend in the metal at the end adds some structural support or rigidity...but that's what they can tell you.

good luck

TVbc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to get it up before going back to work today, so I went ahead as planned. I cut both pieces down and it didn't seem to compromise any of the strength. It is still extreme overkill for my 25lbs samsung. Here is a cell phone picture. If anybody wants to see other pictures I can get my digital camera out. Thanks for your guidance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts