AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a center channel speaker I would like to include in my furniture where the television is. However, the cabinet I want to place it in is 1/4 inch too low for the speaker. So my question is, Can I "shave" or otherwise trim the outside of the speaker (the wood) so that I can place it in here? I know I'll make it ugly, but will it function?

I found the speaker for free on craigslist and I took it. It's a fine enoguh speaker for me, but I don't like having it out since the outside of it is kind of beat up from the previous owner. The speaker is a Polk CSi40.

Weird question, I know...thanks for the input.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i agree that 1/4" seems like a lot. the problem is that implies that on the top and the bottom of the speaker is over 1/8" thick, i dont not sure how thick the walls on your polk would be

but, that being said, they were free. its not like you lose much

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
cut the top(or bottom) off. then trim your 1/4" from the speaker. then glue the top(or bottom) back on. call it good, done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.