AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 16817 Posts

·
Registered
27,309 Posts
There's little info.

I'll guess a DATASAT like SSP with Teinniv and up to 32 channels out for $25K. A bit more than a loaded MC

Supposed release in Fall.

Would like more info, too.

Reactions: john barlow

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Curt, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference between all these models are usability / UI features / configurations / channel counts etc. They all use the some processing engine and DACs are all the same. You need to pick the model that meets your function/feature needs, but the underlying technology is the same and sound quality will be the same.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
The altitude should be on display at ISE Amsterdam if anyone is at the show.

Ed, the Altitude is different because it is also a pre-pro.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude#post_24314818

The altitude should be on display at ISE Amsterdam if anyone is at the show.

Ed, the Altitude is different because it is also a pre-pro.

That is strictly a function feature. I use my ST2 Pro as a pre / pro. Because it lacks digital inputs, I need to manually switch cable inputs when I change source (The Amethyst would get me multiple inputs). The way the machines process data, control volume and do D/A conversion is exactly the same though. If they wanted to differentiate SQ, they should start fiddling with different levels of powersupply, and could even consider building an external PS with umbilical. Don't think they are doing this.

·
3D Audio Consultant
406 Posts

The Altitude is being introduced to let folks know Trinnov has an HDMI based processor coming in the September-October time frame.   It will be based on Trinnov's current modularity, adding HDMI and codecs.  There is quite a lot happening in the 3D audio area, so it's an exciting time to be launching in the market.  The ISE introduction will provide Trinnov with lots of feedback.  A great time to get thoughts here as well.

What is on your wish list for a Trinnov HDMI based processor??

Cheers,

·
Registered
27,309 Posts
Hi Curt,

How about,

2 HDMI outputs.

Toslink input (sometimes HDMI audio will not sync with my cable box so I use toslink)

At least 6 HDMI 2.0 inputs.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt_Trinnov  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude#post_24315460

The Altitude is being introduced to let folks know Trinnov has an HDMI based processor coming in the September-October time frame.   It will be based on Trinnov's current modularity, adding HDMI and codecs.  There is quite a lot happening in the 3D audio area, so it's an exciting time to be launching in the market.  The ISE introduction will provide Trinnov with lots of feedback.  A great time to get thoughts here as well.

Cheers,

Curt, HDMI will take care of traditional MCH sources. A USB input which would support MCH audio from a computer server sources would be brilliant. You would need proprietary windows drivers. This would be the next step down the path exasound has embarked on. You could even talk to them about licensing their technology (just their MCH USB software).

There may also be folks who want to run their 2 channel computer audio into this processor over USB and then use remapping for channel expansion.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:

Cheers,

Forgot to mention. Make sure processor has digital outs for those wanting to use outboard DACs. (of course, HDMI licensing will require downsampling for HDMI sources). Digi out feature will also allow seamless integration with top notch 2 channel, much like the theta digi out card into Gen V DAC offers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Curt, the Altitude is listed as A/V.

For the Video side, I'd like 3D/4K support,.

For Audio upgrade-able firmware for new movie audio formats and at least 7 channels of pre-outs (more is better).

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would imagine this processor would follow in the lines of other units like ADA and Datasat with LOTS of outputs that can be configured however one wants. Want 9-11 full range channels and 4 independent sub channels? Check..

I also would imagine that by coming out late this year it should be easy and commonplace to have all HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 chips, preferably of the 18gbps variety to allow for all 4k resolutions/bit depths, etc.

Please no video processing. Just pure (and fast) switching.

·
Registered
27,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude#post_24316919

Pic of faceplate:

Good find!

Now how about the back side?

·
Registered
339 Posts
This looks real exciting! I think it could be a real giant slayer. I like the idea of a traditional audio company making a Pre/Pro, Means the music only output isn't an afterthought! I am assuming the unit is so large, as it needs to accommodate a number of XLR outputs along with the HDMI section in the rear.. Personally , I wish more manufacturers would adopt the Meridian external HDMI connection, as it allows for more flexibility in regards to changes to HDMI standards and allows for a more flexible installations.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
4k Passthrough would be essential.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:

Cheers,

Come to think of it, why not include the network streaming interface used in the amethyst? I beleive many mid-fi AVR and SSPs support streaming, but the big boys don't. Would be a differentiator, and you have the technology on the shelf.

1 - 20 of 16817 Posts