AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 13325 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Since we're dreaming...
  • I imagine up to 32 outputs like the other Trinnov systems. I personally only plan on having 16 or so (11.4).
  • Independently controllable subs, at least 4.
  • I only need 3 HDMI inputs so 6 would be good. Dual outputs.
  • 6 SPDIF / 3 each of coax and toslink.
  • 8 balanced pre-outs. I already have a DB25 cable so I'm good if the unbalanced are through that.
  • I don't think I currently have any analog-only devices. So, only one of those.
  • Don't need a tuner or streamer interface. For the latter, if you already have it....
  • Input switchable triggers; e.g. If I'm listening to music I don't need the multi-channel amp on.
  • Video-switching only up to 4k and 3D.

Ergonomics-wise.
  • Harmony-1000-like remote
  • Power on volume limiter. user-settable.
  • Nice feature on the Aragon was to reset volume on input switching.
  • Please lock on to audio signals quickly.
  • Silent when locking on (no pops please!).
  • A big complaint with the Sherwood was not being able to change crossover settings after running Trinnov setup.
  • No bright LEDs.
  • Easily switchable listening position; e.g I sit here watching movies but there when playing games.
  • Hopefully the display will be full of information. Bit rate, sample size, format, encoding, etc.
  • Native DSD decoding.
  • Mac compatible.
  • Web/browser controller interface.
  • USB or network firmware upgrading.
  • One button switching between stereo and multi-channel.

Generous warranty.

Reasonable upgrade pricing from 8->12->16...->32 channels.

Free samples

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'd like to see loudspeaker protection via fully adjustable compressor and limiters on each channel. We all can be a bit ham-fisted from time to time.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Different EQ per input. Think TV with its ridiculous bass manipulation versus a real input device

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
The Pro Trinnov units have presets you can set up that way and dedicate however you want from the VNC-based control device. It's actually pretty easy to switch between them, since you can control the component from a networked device like an iPad.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Looking forward to this. My wishlist (in addition to the above):

1.no loud fans (the current fans are nice and quiet in my ST2)

2.affordable!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
My definition of affordable: somewhere in the $8-10K neighborhood

A realistic definition of affordable: slightly less than the Datasat

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude/30#post_24347634

My definition of affordable: somewhere in the $8-10K neighborhood

A realistic definition of affordable: slightly less than the Datasat

The Amethyst is 9000euros according to a recent review. (over $12k, according to google). So, unfortunately, that number probably needs to double.

Unless some of the recent price changes help out.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude/30#post_24353588

Not sure where the info came from, but some pictures and information were posted in a thread on the Emotiva forum.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/post/614519

It's a scan from a brochure handed out at the recent ISE fair in The Netherlands.

So there will be four versions with 8-16-24-32 channels...

Here's the source in Dutch:
http://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=140442.msg2579861#msg2579861

He says the Altitude 32 will cost €14,700. If that's indeed the version with 32 output channels (and 16 inputs) then this seems far better value than the same priced 15 output channel Datasat LS10 sans Dirac.

Edit: a closer look learns that the 4 versions are all called "Altitude 32". The versions are from Altitude 32 / 8-8 up to Altitude 32 / 16-32...

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinfrombelgium  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude/30#post_24353630

It's a scan from a brochure handed out at the recent ISE fair in The Netherlands.

So there will be four versions with 8-16-24-32 channels? Price of €15,000 was named, but no idea for which version that was.

The 15K Euros includes 21% VAT, apparently, which US folks don't pay as such AFAIK (although there's other taxes that may apply). But if that's the 32 channel price, there's a remote chance that the 8 channel version might _almost_ be affordable in my dream world LOL (under $10K US). OTOH, if that's the eight channel price....it's in Datasat territory or greater.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude/30#post_24353660

The 15K Euros includes 21% VAT, apparently, which US folks don't pay as such AFAIK (although there's other taxes that may apply). But if that's the 32 channel price, there's a remote chance that the 8 channel version might _almost_ be affordable in my dream world LOL (under $10K US). OTOH, if that's the eight channel price....it's in Datasat territory or greater.
+1 but I jumped to fast. See my edit. I guess it's the start price for the 8-channel version.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well its €10k euros for a trinnov mc 8 with no digi cards. So I'm gonna guess that this €15k is for the most basic model, either that or there is something missing from it.

For an 8 channel analogue expansion card for trinnov mc is €2500. Same for 8 chan digi card. So on those workings it's would be a good €10k extra for all cards. So I reckon nearer €25k for the full blown model. Which, IMO, is a bit of a bargain!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk  /t/1516103/trinnov-altitude/30#post_24353745

So I reckon nearer €25k for the full blown model. Which, IMO, is a bit of a bargain!

Everything is relative I suppose...

21 - 40 of 13325 Posts