AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a California Amplfier brand dish. We have some cold weather here and my dish starts to break up. I put it up last year and it was not as cold. We have had some cold weather here 10 below and with wind chill makes it about 30 to 35 below zero. I removed lnb and warmed it up inside and it worked until it got cold again. Has any one else had troubles with this???I am feeding 3 receivers a 420 RCA , a Phillips, and a old Toshiba. They have been real good boxes Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well California Amp recognized last year that a batch of bad LNBs were shipped to different manufaturers in which cold weather causes the unit to fail. Once warmed (usually when the sun comes out), the problem disappears.

Thr Terk S25 dishes had this problem and Terk will ship a new LNB unit for free (less ship&handl). Contact your dish manufacturer....... they should take care of it for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I grabbed a new LNB from work and put it on so far no problems. I got two calls from customers about theirs today same problem. I installed them all last year in Feb, all have multiple systems fed from oval dishes. Will have to replace them as well and use these only for single systems. Thanks for Info It is about 15 below now with wind so wind chill is about 25 to 30 below . Cold enough to get my dog stuck to a tree. Tried to get wife to stay out and keep knob warm. That did not go over very good!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have a Terk triple LNB that starts degrading at 20 degrees. When it gets to 15 degrees I get no signal. I finally called them yesterday and they are going to ship me a new head unit for free. Hopefully it will resolve my problems. I also called DirecTV about this and they said the RCA dish has the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.