AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only one line going to my UTV but as you all know I need two to make it completely functional. I have a Three LNB dish because I have two HD receivers.......running another line to the UTV would be difficult if not impossible.........

Any thoughts....can I combine two Sat signals through one line and then splitt them off at the UTV?

Please help!!

Rodney

·
Registered
677 Posts
No, you cannot combine two satellite signals on one line. You can combine a cable TV signal and a satellite signal on one line, but not two of the same kind.

You should have four outputs from this dish. Is there absolutely no way you can get a fourth line run alongside the current UTV line?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Yes you can. You need to get a stacker, a high frequency splitter and a pair of de-stackers. Run two lines from your dish into the stacker. One line runs to your UTV. Split it at the UTV and run each line into de-stackers and into each tuner. It will cost about $250 for the stacker and about $50 each for the de-stackers. Also you will only get programming from the 101 satellite.

-Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.