AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Triple LNB DirecTV oval dish with four lines going to four receivers. I bought a Terk 5X8 cascadable multiswitch so I could hook up 8 receivers. I am hooking up wrong or the new multiswitch is bad. I get no reception on any of the outputs. Does it matter which of the four lines goes to what input? The inputs are labeled SAT A 13V, SAT A 18V, SAT B 13V, and SAT B 18V. I didn't think it mattered which line goes to which input on the multiswitch since there is already a multiswitch built into the dish. If it does matter is there an easy way tell which line is which, since they are buried underground? The power is hooked up to the multiswitch. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same problem with the Terk 5x8 multiswitch. I have been playing around swapping the sat input cables and get different results each time but I cannot get all signals from 101, 119, and 110 on any of the permutations I've tried.

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you have a phase III dish, it does not matter!

If you have a Phase II dish (18x24) it does.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
So, Solid, is there any solution for Phase II 3 LNB users besides installing a Phase III dish? Can you briefly outline why there's a difference for dummies like me?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it makes a difference between a Phase II or Phase III dish as long as the Sat-C kit has already been properly installed.

The four outputs of the 4x4 or the integrated 5x4 should simply connect to the SAT-A and SAT-B inputs of the new 5x8. Just add dedicated power.

No magic or Voodoo required.

I know there are issues with the RCA DTC-100, what receivers are you using?

Does everything work fine if the new multiswitch is out of the loop?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.