AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is (hopefully) going to be a vast increase in posts about mounting the NEC LT150, I thought I'd share a little tip.

If you are not going to use a ceiling mount, a camera tripid makes an ideal floor mount. A tripod offers very precise adjustment in height and side and front tilt. Those who have attempted to align their 150 will know how tricky it can be.

Unfortunately, there is no tripod socket on the LT150. But there is a work around. You'll need a platform of some sort. I actually used a 9x9 inch breadboard, which I'll paint when I get around to it.

Find the middle by drwaing diagonal lines from corner to corner and marking where they meet.

Take the tripod head to your nearest hardware store and find a bolt that fits the thread size of the tripod. Also get a drill bit the same size as this bolt. And while you're there get a 4mm thread 30mm long hex head bolt and a bunch of washers.

Drill a hole about half an inch deep at the center mark of yo0ur platform. Enough to place the bolt in flush. I used epoxy cement to make a solid bond.

Now look underneath your projector. You will find a small screw underneath the lens. Take this out. Mark on your platform where this screw would line up and drill a hole.

Now mount the polatform to the tripod head. Place the projector on top and thread the 4mm bolt through the hole. This is what keeps the projector in place. Don't overtighten ro you'll tilt the projector. You can use washers here to square the projector.

Then mount the setup on the tripod. Voila.

You can now adjust the position in any direction, and lock it into place.

It's made my setup much easier.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it from Interior Resources here in San Francisco. It's an Italian one.

The even cooler thing is that all the arms and backs fold down and up so you can adjust it to your hearts content. It as actually really a single seater and a two seater with arms folded down.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Photos

Today's Equipment List

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.