AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an Infocus x1 projector that I use in my upstairs room to cast the image onto a white wall. I like this setup and it looks great. However, with the superbowl coming up, my upstairs room is small and can only fit about 3-4 people, so I am considering moving my projector downstairs where I can project the image roughly 100" diagnol. The only problem is that the ceiling of the room is like this

&nbsp&nbsp /---------\\

&nbsp / &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp \\

/ &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp \\

so with the slanted wall I cannot project the image properly. So I want to get a quick solution for the superbowl.

I am considering a tripod screen since they are cheap and portable (since I'm not looking for somehing permanent). I also have an HDTV receiver box to get the game in HDTV, so my question is will the tripod screen decrease the image quality greatly? I am looking at a 70" x 70" apollo screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will follow up with more details if needed.

thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lewdog80,

I have a budget ht that I set up about Thanksgiving last year. I use an Apollo screen 96x96. I know they are not the best in the world but for the budget minded it works fine. I have an hd receiver from comcast with the hd line up and IMHO it still looks stunning.

hopes this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.