AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to start planning my first semi-dedicated home theater build, and I am wanting to go the DIY route. I love the tritrix design--great for my budget, and an IB using AE-IB15's should fill up the room nicely. Does anybody know if the tritrix will play low enough to blend in well with an IB sub? The freq response curves online do not go below 200Hz, so I'm kind of at a loss.

Just to tack on another quick question, my room is 16x20x8 ft (2560 ft cubed). Do the tritrix have enough oomph to fill the room? It will be a 7.1 setup with MTM's for fronts and center and MT's for all four rear and side surrounds. IB is planned to be four AE-IB15's in a single baffle.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just recently finished the towers and center TriTrix for my HT. You can view them at my site HERE . I am going to have the rears done soon, hopefuly. MDF is just so freaking messy to work with in Texas humidity.

I am driving them with a Yamaha RX-V665 in a room just similar to yours (13'x20') and I can say whole heartedly that they get plenty loud and sound awesome the whole way, even to point of discomfort. And they are bassy enough that I am in no real hurry to get the sonosub I have been researching built. I play an equal mix of music, games, and movies and they fit the bill for all three.

I have never heard an infinite baffle sub, so I can't make a true comparison. But I can give an anecdote. My cousin came over and I was showing off my new babies and she asked where the sub was and when I got it (she is looking into her own theater for her new place). It took her standing-up and looking around to be convinced that I didn't have a sub yet. This might seem a little extreme, but there are times when playing Fallout 3 that even I wonder "who put a sub in here?". And mine are put together rather poorly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
To answer you questions: It depends All designs should extend down to the sub just fine. As far as oomph, how loud do you want it to be? The MTM's will run out of excursion at around 104 dB / 2.83v / 1 meter / speaker

My website should answer most questions, but feel free to email me if you have further questions.

C

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll finally have a house I can do what I want in the "movie room", and have always liked the tritrix design. It is a budget setup, but that's where I will start. It'll sound way better than my current HTiB setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts