AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can't get that link to work :( I thought TRON 2.0 was just a computer game, heh maybe it will only be ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's a Video Game. That's what the (VG) after the title on it's IMDB entry means. IMDB has been covering video games with cinematic tie-ins for a while now. You can find a website for the game here . Apparantly it's been released and can be bought now. Don't ask me if it's any good though. I haven't played it, although I am tempted. Hmm... Might have to look up some reviews.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In the video game world (where I work) there was talk of a possible sequel to the film as well and early rumors were that the game was supposed to be a tie-in for the marketing of the sequel, but that was all rumor.

Further, (and this is really sketchy I admit) when I was at e3 I talked to the producer of the TRON video game (who I used to work with when we were both at a different company) and I asked about the movie and she said something to the effect of it's not going anywhere and it wasn't ever a foregone conclusion that Disney was going to make it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That's a shame. I too thought there was a movie coming out eventually. The Tron movie was SO FAR ahead of its time that nobody knew what to think about it beyond the new fangled CGI looking good. I think the franchise would do well with a new one.

-Trouble

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
I still remember popping in a quarter to play this popular Tron game in video archades back in the early 80's, in 1979 I was PA state champion for game 'Frogger' having turned the 5 digit points clock around 5 times to beat all in the state of PA.! I was given a 3 foot tall trophy and all the autograph hunters wanting my autograph, those were the days when I could walk.

·
Registered
952 Posts
If you are a fan of TRON you will LOVE the video game...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.