AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I bought it today and played it briefly. The first level that I saw consisted of some platforming (ala Prince of Persia) featuring running, jumps and wall runs mixed in with some fairly simple combat (SQUARE is ranged, CIRCLE is melee). The controls were serviceable for the most part but making precision jumps was a little dicey. I still haven't tried any lightcycle races.

The 3D mode looked pretty good. It ran at 720p and when the depth setting was maxxed out via the options there was a visible sense of depth to the environments. There was no noticable ghosting on my Samsung 63" plasma.

One think I really liked was that the game allowed you to completely remove the HUD in its story mode so there's no worries of IR for any 3D plasma owners (still waiting for GT5 to give us some HUD control).

Overall I like it so far though as I said I only scratched the surface.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are a few good 3D effects, esp. the light cycle stage but the game as a whole sucks. The story is terrible and the action gets very repetitive....too much wall running/jumping and non-existent enemy AI. What's worse is that the multiplayer modes and cutscenes are only in 2D. It's also gotten some terrible reviews from game magazines recently. This is another failed attempt to cash in on a blockbuster movie just before its release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts