AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly sure that they said this was the HD Premiere of Tron, but if it isn't I haven't seen it, so I'm psyched. The footage in the promo looked great, so I cant wait.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford /forum/post/18201797


I'm fairly sure that they said this was the HD Premiere of Tron, but if it isn't I haven't seen it, so I'm psyched. The footage in the promo looked great, so I cant wait.


First showing is actually 3/3, at 9 PM EST
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed title! I was looking at the date on my DVR since Im recording the second showing as to not conflict with my regular recordings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,771 Posts
So how about THE BLACK HOLE?!



TRON was boring as all heck when I saw it as a child, but I'll check it out anyway to see it in HD on a large screen and see if I change my mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,130 Posts
Is it going to be on HDNet Movies? I'd like to record it and I don't want to have to deal with commercial breaks.


FYI: For those of you who like animated movies from the same era, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1978) is on HDNet Movies 3/4 10:30am. It was notable for two things- it was the first all animated movie in 3D (this is the 2D version) and it was the first animated movie to include some CGI footage (albeit very early).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18218674


FYI: For those of you who like animated movies from the same era, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1978) is on HDNet Movies 3/4 10:30am. It was notable for two things- it was the first all animated movie in 3D (this is the 2D version) and it was the first animated movie to include some CGI footage (albeit very early).

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18218674


Is it going to be on HDNet Movies? I'd like to record it and I don't want to have to deal with commercial breaks.


FYI: For those of you who like animated movies from the same era, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1978) is on HDNet Movies 3/4 10:30am. It was notable for two things- it was the first all animated movie in 3D (this is the 2D version) and it was the first animated movie to include some CGI footage (albeit very early).

It is on HDNet not HDNet movies. I have my DVR scheduled to record it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/18217471


So how about THE BLACK HOLE?!



TRON was boring as all heck when I saw it as a child, but I'll check it out anyway to see it in HD on a large screen and see if I change my mind.

Felt the same way about TRON, but will give it another shot. But I MUCH prefer BLACK HOLE (heard rumors of a remake as well). Would love HDNet to get their hands on THE TIME MACHINE as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 /forum/post/18222528


It is on HDNet not HDNet movies. I have my DVR scheduled to record it.

I gathered that much, I'm asking if anyone knows if it's going to be on HDNet Movies in the near future (I don't see it on March's schedule). I find it odd that a "catalog" title would only be on 1 time (or 2x in this case- because it's repeated right after).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18223002


I gathered that much, I'm asking if anyone knows if it's going to be on HDNet Movies in the near future (I don't see it on March's schedule). I find it odd that a "catalog" title would only be on 1 time (or 2x in this case- because it's repeated right after).


Some are reporting - or SPECULATING at least:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44138


..that tomorrow night's HD NET broadcast of TRON will be the 1st time the newly remastered for BD version is being shown. Apparently director Steven Lisberger (also a writer/exec producer for the upcoming TRON: LEGACY sequel) was overheard at a premiere last week saying that he had finished tweaking the original for a BD release this year as a ramp up for the new movie.


While no George Lucas-level CG add-ons were done, a ton of color correction has apparently been applied. Sounds as if the "computer" world finally looks the way Lisberger had invisioned, but 80's-era FX could not completely nail down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efglass /forum/post/18235801


TRON will be on HDNet Movies in July 2010.

Thanks.


Wow. That's a big wait, but I suppose I can I'll watch it tomorrow and record it when it's on in July (or wait for the eventual Blu-Ray).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,620 Posts
I HAVE the DVD and it looks darn good up converted in my Blu Ray player.

Still intend on recording tomorrow night ,

will get the Blu Ray when it comes out

and see Tron Legacy in 3D (probably Imax as well)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,140 Posts
The preview was impressive, I'll watch just to be ready for TRON 2.0.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
I think it was the old transfer.


I have the tv set to "full pixel" and there was that "edge of the frame" on the right side. Still, didn't look bad for an hd broadcast of a movie from 1982 (the fact they shot it in 70mm helps a lot though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Zei /forum/post/18246562


I think it was the old transfer.


I have the tv set to "full pixel" and there was that "edge of the frame" on the right side. Still, didn't look bad for an hd broadcast of a movie from 1982 (the fact they shot it in 70mm helps a lot though).

It actually looks pretty bad for a HDNet movie- this is one of the worst transfers I've ever seen them show. I'd pretty much go as far as saying this one was unfit for broadcast.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top