AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly sure that they said this was the HD Premiere of Tron, but if it isn't I haven't seen it, so I'm psyched. The footage in the promo looked great, so I cant wait.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford /forum/post/18201797

I'm fairly sure that they said this was the HD Premiere of Tron, but if it isn't I haven't seen it, so I'm psyched. The footage in the promo looked great, so I cant wait.

First showing is actually 3/3, at 9 PM EST

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed title! I was looking at the date on my DVR since Im recording the second showing as to not conflict with my regular recordings.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
So how about THE BLACK HOLE?!

TRON was boring as all heck when I saw it as a child, but I'll check it out anyway to see it in HD on a large screen and see if I change my mind.

·
Registered
19,130 Posts
Is it going to be on HDNet Movies? I'd like to record it and I don't want to have to deal with commercial breaks.

FYI: For those of you who like animated movies from the same era, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1978) is on HDNet Movies 3/4 10:30am. It was notable for two things- it was the first all animated movie in 3D (this is the 2D version) and it was the first animated movie to include some CGI footage (albeit very early).

·
Registered
17,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18218674

FYI: For those of you who like animated movies from the same era, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1978) is on HDNet Movies 3/4 10:30am. It was notable for two things- it was the first all animated movie in 3D (this is the 2D version) and it was the first animated movie to include some CGI footage (albeit very early).

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18218674

Is it going to be on HDNet Movies? I'd like to record it and I don't want to have to deal with commercial breaks.

It is on HDNet not HDNet movies. I have my DVR scheduled to record it.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/18217471

So how about THE BLACK HOLE?!

TRON was boring as all heck when I saw it as a child, but I'll check it out anyway to see it in HD on a large screen and see if I change my mind.

Felt the same way about TRON, but will give it another shot. But I MUCH prefer BLACK HOLE (heard rumors of a remake as well). Would love HDNet to get their hands on THE TIME MACHINE as well.

·
Registered
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 /forum/post/18222528

It is on HDNet not HDNet movies. I have my DVR scheduled to record it.

I gathered that much, I'm asking if anyone knows if it's going to be on HDNet Movies in the near future (I don't see it on March's schedule). I find it odd that a "catalog" title would only be on 1 time (or 2x in this case- because it's repeated right after).

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18223002

I gathered that much, I'm asking if anyone knows if it's going to be on HDNet Movies in the near future (I don't see it on March's schedule). I find it odd that a "catalog" title would only be on 1 time (or 2x in this case- because it's repeated right after).

Some are reporting - or SPECULATING at least:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44138

..that tomorrow night's HD NET broadcast of TRON will be the 1st time the newly remastered for BD version is being shown. Apparently director Steven Lisberger (also a writer/exec producer for the upcoming TRON: LEGACY sequel) was overheard at a premiere last week saying that he had finished tweaking the original for a BD release this year as a ramp up for the new movie.

While no George Lucas-level CG add-ons were done, a ton of color correction has apparently been applied. Sounds as if the "computer" world finally looks the way Lisberger had invisioned, but 80's-era FX could not completely nail down.

·
Registered
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efglass /forum/post/18235801

TRON will be on HDNet Movies in July 2010.

Thanks.

Wow. That's a big wait, but I suppose I can I'll watch it tomorrow and record it when it's on in July (or wait for the eventual Blu-Ray).

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I HAVE the DVD and it looks darn good up converted in my Blu Ray player.

Still intend on recording tomorrow night ,

will get the Blu Ray when it comes out

and see Tron Legacy in 3D (probably Imax as well)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
The preview was impressive, I'll watch just to be ready for TRON 2.0.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think it was the old transfer.

I have the tv set to "full pixel" and there was that "edge of the frame" on the right side. Still, didn't look bad for an hd broadcast of a movie from 1982 (the fact they shot it in 70mm helps a lot though).

·
Registered
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Zei /forum/post/18246562

I think it was the old transfer.

I have the tv set to "full pixel" and there was that "edge of the frame" on the right side. Still, didn't look bad for an hd broadcast of a movie from 1982 (the fact they shot it in 70mm helps a lot though).

It actually looks pretty bad for a HDNet movie- this is one of the worst transfers I've ever seen them show. I'd pretty much go as far as saying this one was unfit for broadcast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts