AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** MAJOR UPDATE ***

According to this source , ALL PlayStation 3 games are required to offer trophies starting January 2009. For that reason I will no longer add the names of any games due out next year, and will remove titles I have listed already that will arrive in 2009.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As many of you know, trophies are part of the new universal reward system on the PS3 where the more trophies you earn from playing different games, the higher your PSN account will level up. If you want to know more, visit the Playstation blog and watch the description video.

For easy reference, I'll try to keep this thread updated with the names of games confirmed to receive trophy support. Since eventually trophies will be required for all games released on the system, I'll stop updating once its obvious we've reached that point.

Please note that a game with an * next to it indicates that it will be patched for trophy support some time in the future. Titles with links will take you to PS3Fanboy's list of all trophies available in the game. If a guide is available to help you get the trophies, I'll link to that as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AVAILABLE NOW WITH TROPHIES
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Bioshock
Blitz: The League II
Burnout: Paradise
BUZZ! Quiz TV

Call of Duty: World at War
Dead Space
EndWar
Eye of Judgment
Far Cry 2
Ferrari Challenge

Geon Emotions --- (trophy tips)
Grand Theft Auto IV --- (trophy tips)
High Velocity Bowling

LittleBigPlanet --- (trophy tips)
Linger in the Shadows --- (trophy tips)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
NBA '09
Novastrike --- (trophy tips)
PAIN

Penny Arcade Adventures
PixelJunk Eden --- (trophy tips)
PixelJunk Monsters
Prince of Persia
Quantum of Solace

Resistance 2 --- (trophy tips)
Rock Band 2

Shaun White Snowboarding
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Super Stardust HD --- (trophy tips)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune --- (trophy tips)
Warhawk
WipEout HD

CONFIRMED FUTURE TROPHY SUPPORT

Age of Booty

Astro Tripper

Bionic Commando: Rearmed*

Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway*

Crash Commando

Dark Void
echochrome *

Fallout 3*

Flock*

Gomibako

Project Origin

The Punisher: No Mercy

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Soldner X
Sonic Unleashed

RUMORED FUTURE TROPHY SUPPORT

Tomb Raider: Underworld

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Great thread!

Isn't Super Stardust one of the first games to get patched? I thought I saw Eric say in the video that Stardust would have trophies right away when you update to 2.40?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Damn, no word on MGS4? I could see the wonders of the trophy system implemented into that game.

By the way, are trophies going to part of EVERYGAME that's released after 2.4? Or only selected games?

·
Registered
453 Posts
you could add EVERY upcoming first party game to that list too

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn /forum/post/14201380

By the way, are trophies going to part of EVERYGAME that's released after 2.4? Or only selected games?

Only selected games to start with. But at some point trophies are planned to be mandatory.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alczervik /forum/post/14201297

cool drakes fortune is in there

Uncharted and Burnout Paradise already have their own rewards systems so it isn't too surprising to see they will be patched to support trophies.

I was going to go back and replay Uncharted but I think I will wait for word on whether they will get retroactively awarded or not. If not I will wait for the patch before replaying...

·
Registered
353 Posts
my wife is not going to be happy. Once I start racking up the trophies I will have to beat the girls off with a stick!

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Gaming /forum/post/14201387

you could add EVERY upcoming first party game to that list too

Not until they are confirmed by name (WipEout HD, I'm looking at you). BTW, I'll divide the list between current games with trophy support from the future release list after the update tomorrow. That way people know which games they can immediately buy if they want to stock up on trophies.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14201614

Not until they are confirmed by name (WipEout HD, I'm looking at you). BTW, I'll divide the list between current games with trophy support from the future release list after the update tomorrow. That way people know which games they can immediately buy if they want to stock up on trophies.

Wipeout HD may be the only Sony game in question as the release should be this month, but that could also be why it didn't come out in May

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It's too bad they can't ultimately use all games retroactively. I mean I would love to have all my R:FoM trophies (Superhuman esp.). Heck it would be nice to see the original MotorStorm in there too. Those games already have their own internal points/trophy systems. But in the end I guess there are alot of game like that that will be left behind. I do look forward to ultimately getting my Crushing difficulty on Drake's. Will see how this plays out.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor /forum/post/14201869

It's too bad they can't ultimately use all games retroactively. I mean I would love to have all my R:FoM trophies (Superhuman esp.). Heck it would be nice to see the original MotorStorm in there too. Those games already have their own internal points/trophy systems. But in the end I guess there are alot of game like that that will be left behind. I do look forward to ultimately getting my Crushing difficulty on Drake's. Will see how this plays out.

the main reason is the to prevent cheating, anyone could easily just download 100% saves from gamefaqs and get all the trophies

kind of sucks because I have beat MGS4 2x already and have 1/2 the stuff in Uncharted unlocked

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Gaming /forum/post/14202149

the main reason is the to prevent cheating, anyone could easily just download 100% saves from gamefaqs and get all the trophies

kind of sucks because I have beat MGS4 2x already and have 1/2 the stuff in Uncharted unlocked

Lucky for me I haven't played them yet, but plan on it. I love achievements. They are so addicting on the Xbox.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I hope it never becomes retroactive, I don't collect games and once I get done with one, I trade/sell it to get another.

It would ultimately suck for me because I don't keep game saves either.

Anyway, for those that do, it should be making you guys dance...!!!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not about to play through GTAIV all over again if they implement trophies. Maybe months from now, but not any time soon.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnikirk /forum/post/14202173

Lucky for me I haven't played them yet, but plan on it. I love achievements. They are so addicting on the Xbox.

Luckily though my brother hasn't played MGS4 yet so he should take care of that when he plays it

plus I was going to give Uncharted another run through anyway but a little game called MGS4 came out

·
Registered
504 Posts
Can someone explain what the trophy system is?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLocal175 /forum/post/14202553

Can someone explain what the trophy system is?

Sony-flavored Achievements.

It's just a means of giving you virtual rewards for accomplishing certain tasks within games. If you've played one of the recent Sega sports games where they have a house you can fill up with stuff, that's kind of like it.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/14202642

Sony-flavored Achievements.

It's just a means of giving you virtual rewards for accomplishing certain tasks within games. If you've played one of the recent Sega sports games where they have a house you can fill up with stuff, that's kind of like it.

Another difference would be that you can show the Sony achievements to your friends, and you can't really do that with games that have their own achievements(at least for the most part).

1 - 20 of 274 Posts