AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have tried calling the manufacturer, and searching this and other forums, but have had no luck at all.
:(
I have tried everything - hooking up HDMI cable with everything powered down, adjusting the monitor settings on the Elite monitor to accept PC over the HDMI input, adjusting the laptop so the AVR is a duplicate monitor. The laptop sees the Pioneer AVR correctly. I get no sound and no picture no matter what I do. The AVR doesn't seem to recognize that there is an HDMI cable connected to the HDMI input. The display window on the AVR just reads "stereo", just as it does with no HDMI cable connected. Yet if I remove the cable, my computer recognizes that the HDMI connection and AVR were removed. The laptop does seem to adjust the display when connected to either the monitor or the AVR. I tried direct connection from the laptop to the monitor with similar results (of course, no sound expected from this monitor-only plasma TV). I tested my HDMI cable with another system and it seems fine.

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Pioneer monitors so my thinking will be with the PC. Do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and video card? Maybe the Monitor EDID(try a google search) isn't correct for the display. That tells the pc how to handle the monitor. Try another PC to eliminate that possibility. Also try hooking the pc up to any other hdmi display.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi. I have tried calling the manufacturer, and searching this and other forums, but have had no luck at all.
:(
I have tried everything - hooking up HDMI cable with everything powered down, adjusting the monitor settings on the Elite monitor to accept PC over the HDMI input, adjusting the laptop so the AVR is a duplicate monitor. The laptop sees the Pioneer AVR correctly. I get no sound and no picture no matter what I do. The AVR doesn't seem to recognize that there is an HDMI cable connected to the HDMI input. The display window on the AVR just reads "stereo", just as it does with no HDMI cable connected. Yet if I remove the cable, my computer recognizes that the HDMI connection and AVR were removed. The laptop does seem to adjust the display when connected to either the monitor or the AVR. I tried direct connection from the laptop to the monitor with similar results (of course, no sound expected from this monitor-only plasma TV). I tested my HDMI cable with another system and it seems fine.

What am I missing here?
My Windows 8.1 laptop will not send any video/audio to an HDMI connected TV/Monitor unless I tell it to through device/project settings. Once I select to display the TV/Monitor, the laptop does the handshake & is able to detect the name/manufacturer, resolution, and refresh rate of the TV/Monitor. Is this happening with your laptop?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts