Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 6PG gives a stunning picture. MUCH better than the local theater. But,

Problem 1.

When I first turn it on the red tube is out of convergence. After about 5-10 minutes it pops back in place.

What could cause this problem? It just started about a month ago, and I've had the projector for over a year.

Problem 2.

There is a pin point burn in the middle of the blue tube. This is very annoying because when a person's face is in the middle of the screen it looks like something yellow is running out of their nose!

What happened was all the energy collapsed down to the center of the blue tube when I turned it off. $600 for a new tube isn't that bad, but I don't think the problem is in the tube, and I don't want to ruin a new tube.

This first happened about 8 months ago, and now again about two months ago, so the spot is now bigger.

Please hep!! I'm half tempted to buy a pie chart projector!

Thanks for the help,

~Jay

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I'm not a tech, and I've only heard about this problem, but I think the horizontal deflection circuits are failing. This would cause both your problems I think. MNEWMAN or DougBaisey would better be able to diagnose your problem, but I know for sure, DON"T REPLACE the tube till you fix the problem, I'd leave it off till I fixed the problem, you don't want to burn all your tubes.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Paul,

This is a very frustrating problem. I hate to send it to a shop with an intermittent problem. They may not be able to diagnose the problem.

does anyone know how I should go about solving this problem?

Thanks,

~Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.