AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some trouble, and recommended this website to ask for help on. Hopefully this is in the right forum. Here's my problem:

I got a 42" plasma last week (Panasonic Th-42px6u), and instead of just setting on an entertainment center, I decided to mount it. When buying the mount, I was hoping it would fit my TV, but still had a bit of apprehension about the generic "will fit flat panel TV's up to 50" or 150lbs." I bought it anyway, but decided I'd disregard the order of the assembly instructions at first just to see if the pieces that secure directly to my TV would fit (I was also worried about the mount possibly covering up some of the plug-ins in the back). Just as I hoped I wouldn't, I'm encoutering complications already.

The directions are vague, but say "...now attatch the brackets with the Hardware required (provided with Plasma), do not skip or change any hardware depending on the type of Plasma TV you have."

Uh, where, and with what hardware provided by plasma? The closest thing to the diagram in the instructions I can find is are these plugs that I can pull out of my TV to reveal a 4 tunnels which appear around where I need the mounting bars to fit.

Plug:

Plug(s) out:

Mounting bar near hole:

Does anyone have this TV, and has mounted it? The only thing resembling anywhere to put these bars are these holes, but they appear extremely deep and don't even look to have screw ridges in them. Moreso, there definitely weren't any screws included that fit these tunnels...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what I bought:

The instruction manual says the screws for the holes beneath the TV's tabs should be provided with the TV. Mine weren't... if this is the right place to mount and all I need to do is buy screws, what size/length are they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts