AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to these message boards so forgive me if this thread is inappropriate.

BACKGROUND: I am a college student with an Acer pd525 projector. This projector is 3 years old has only been used for about 1 year. Its used was discontinued because of overheating issues. *Note*- it was in a smoking environment for that entire year - which could be the cause of the problem

But, now I would like to see if I can restore the projector to use for the school year.

PROBLEM: After about 15-20 minutes of perfectly good use, the projector massively overheats to the point where the picture begins to flicker between normal and everything being red colored. The projector shuts itself down after about 5 minutes of flickering and a red light comes up next to the word lamp (which the manual labels as "lamp failure")

Basically, my projector has an overheating issue and I would like to know how to solve this problem.

Thanks and All help is greatly appreciated!

-Sean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I think I'm going to send it in to Acer support. They charge 199.99 and guarantee to have the projector fully operating.

This is a flat rate that I have to pay (not to mention Fedex shipping - around 20 to 30 more). Considering my situation, is it worth it?

Thanks for any and all feedback

1 - 2 of 2 Posts