AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, We are a custom installer from Italy and we have a big trouble with a CLASSE SSP800.
The Classe fails to pass 3D signal when connected to a CAT5 EXTENDER. he Classe passes 3D signal when connect directly to a display but we must use an extender because the SIM2 projector is about 30 mt far away : the extender ( GEFEN) passes 3D signal when connected directly with the Blu ray. The firmware version of the Classe is updated. We need help!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hmm, the original Classe SSP800 made in 2009 could not pass 3D as they were only 1.3b compliant and you need 1.4 hdmi compliant, so I'm confused that it even works, but maybe you have an updated model and firmware.

It appears that your extender is the issue. You need an extender with the following features, such as the Triplite: Active extender remote unit for the Tripp Lite B126-002 (2-Port) and B126-004 (4-Port) Extender/Splitter local units
Features a built-in Equalization setting, allowing for adjustment of the video image
Extends a 1080i (60Hz) signal up to 200 ft.; or, a 1080p (60Hz) signal up to 150 ft. when using 24Awg, Solid Wire Cat5e/Cat6 cable (Tripp Lite N202-Series)
Compatible with both stereo audio and 7.1 channel surround sound audio (7.1 channel surround sound signal will be Multi-Channel or PCM)
Supports 24-bit True Color (8-bits per channel); HDCP and 3D compliant

Note for this extender to work, you would need 24Awg solid wire cat5e/6 cable (not just cat5 ordinary cable, which doesn't have the bandwidth needed).

Here's another extender example that supports 3D with 5e cable: Accell (E090C-005B) UltraCat HDMI over Single Cat5e Extender Set- Up to 1080P and 3D up to 164 ft over Single Cat. Cable. Both extenders can be found on Amazon.com (but I'm in USA, so Italy might be different).

I am not an expert here, but have used an extender before, and it had to be 3D compliant to work with my projector and special cable.

Let us know if you get it working and what you had to do...cheers! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts