AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally figured out the basics of girder and how to automate tasks. I'm really happy with my results as it has simplified HTPC operation and soon will go into beta testing with specific attention from the female sex :).

anyway, I am unable to use the Girder LCDriver and DVDSpy plugins. when i put in the lcdriver dll in the software plugins section, i get an error message from girder upon loading that not all the specified components were found. if i simply apply the plugin as it is zipped in the zip file, i do not see it in plugins section of girder. same with DVDSpy.... i am do not see it in the plugins section.

I'm using Girder 3.2, Matrix Orbital 2x20 VFD and PowerDVD XP 4.

Thanks.

Leo

·
Registered
146 Posts
LCDRIVER.CPL goes in the Windows directory with other Control Panel applets (C:\\WINNT\\SYSTEM32 on an ordinary installation). LCD.DLL goes in the Girder plugins directory. I am not completely clear on which DLL you are talking about. Both are necessary for things to function.

It is best to install and test LCDriver first before getting to the Girder plugin. Launch it from the Control Panel, make sure the device type and serial settings are correct, and use its own Test function. Check the README.HTM file for the Girder LCD plugin for information on where to download LCDriver if you have not already.

If DVDSPY.ZIP and LCD.ZIP did not put DVDSPY.DLL and LCD.DLL respectively in the \\plugins folder, then you may not have the right archive(s) for Girder 3.2. In Girder 3.1, there are plugins\\hardware and plugins\\software folders. In 3.2, it is just plugins. If you have hardware or software subfolders, then double check that you downloaded from the 3.2 plugins part of the Girder site.

I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.