AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with the my TV tuner. Hauppage HVR 1600.

The signal is scrambled at the top of the screen and I am unsure as to how I should fix it. I have reinstalled drivers already.

It shows up scrambled in both WinTV and GB-PVR. This is from an analog cable signal.

Here is a screen shot.

Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Does the problem occur with both low numbered 2-13 and high numbered analog >13 channels?

What resolution are you outputting over what interface to what resolution display?

Do you have any problem playing DVDs on your system?

Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers and version of WinTV for your OS from the Hauppauge Website?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/18295937

Does the problem occur with both low numbered 2-13 and high numbered analog >13 channels?

What resolution are you outputting over what interface to what resolution display?

Do you have any problem playing DVDs on your system?

Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers and version of WinTV for your OS from the Hauppauge Website?

Problem is on all channels.

It is currently displaying to a 19" 1440x900 monitor with a DVI cable.

I can play DVDs and avi files just fine.

And I have the latest drivers.

I think the card is probably bunked.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If is happening to all analog and all digital channels and occurs with either Live with and without recording active then I also supect the card. The only thing you might try is using a different card slot for the 1600 card if the slot(s) next to are not empty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts