AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time poster here. And like many, it's due to a problem. Hoping maybe some of the smart people here can help.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right subforum with this one, as I can't completely identify the issue I'm facing.

I have a Mitsubishi 73787 Rear Projection DLP, a Yamaha Aventage RX-A700 Receiver, and currently using Verizon FIOS Motorola set top box (STB).

I have everything routed via HDMI through the A700, and one HDMI out of the A700 to the 3D Adapter and from the 3D Adapter to the HDMI-1 port on the TV.

For some reason beyond me, whenever I try to watch FIOS TV via the 3D adapter the audio/video signal seems to intermittently cutout every second or so.

Once I take the 3D box out of the equation and go directly from the receiver to the TV, problem solved. Makes me think it's the 3D adapter that's having issues, but the 3D box works fine otherwise.

As I said, this only happens while trying to watch regular TV via the cable box, all the other functions work great. I suppose I can learn to live with having to plug in the 3D adapter when necessary, but I just don't feel like I should have to given the money I've spent on this theater system.

Looking forward to any feedback or help you guys can provide.

Sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bring up and old thread, and no I am not a forum noob. But, I am not sure what the odds are... I have this EXACT same combo and identical problems. Well, pretty close to exact
My TV is the 65738, but otherwise the same. So, I figured rather than post a new thread I would add on to this one.

I am having a "handshake" problem when trying to use HDMI from my Fios/Motorola box. When I try to use HDMI I get a "DVI" error on the Motorola, followed by flashing video/audio as described in the OP. I googled the DVI error, called Verizon, etc, but their only solution was to go back to component. I tried bypassing the RX-A700 and went from the Motorola directly to the 3D adapter, it worked fine so I thought it was the RX-A700. I had not tried bypassing the 3D adapater, but as you said, that seems like a PITA to have to redo the cables when you want to watch 3D.

I did notice that my RX-A700 firmware was out of date, and have now updated it to 2.05 (quite a process, and took 3 tries before it actually worked LOL) but that made no difference.

It seems like my only solution (other than component cables) is to go HDMI from the Motorola to the TV, and then use HDMI to get audio back to my receiver.... a lot of extra cables and defeats having my receiver do all of the switching

Did you ever figure out a solution, or does anyone else have ideas here?

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, so right now I am not quite sure what to say. Just for the heck of it, I tried what the OP said and bypassed the 3D box and went HDMI directly from the RX-A700 to the TV and the Motorola is working with NO ERRORS over HDMI.

However, then came the pleasant surprise. Just for the heck of it, I decided to try a 3D movie. So, I put in Tron 3D, went into the settings on the TV and turned on 3D and the emitter light turned on. Surprised, I grab one of the glasses, turned em on and viola... 3D! Now, the 3D box is not powered on, and won't power on without the HDMI input... but 3D is still working! I can live with that! No extra cables, no extra work... everything works! In theory it shouldn't be, but it is LOL.

Hopefully this helps the OP and anyone else who comes across this thread with a similar issue.

Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.