AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to converge blue and red pattern to the green. It appears that when the red is converged on one side of the cross hatch it goes out on the other side. It is like lines are farther apart on the oppisite side of pattern. This is my first attempt at setting up an NEC and this particular issue is driving me crazy....what adjustment will fix this?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sounds like your describing horizontal linearity. Perhaps you would be best to post a photo to help explain the problem?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep, linearity.

Make sure all your green squares are the same size across the entire test pattern. Use the 'linearity' control to adjust this.

Then do the same for red and blue. All the square should be the same size. You may have to use some "linearity balance" as well. This adjusts linearity on the left, right, top or bottom. Access this control by pressing "ctrl+linearity".

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't let me adjust linearity on the green...only red and blue. Is there some trick I am missing? I am doing better but I still feel like I need the old point convergeance to really dial this thing in good. Also, the focus is tricky.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Green can only be adjusted from the alignment menu.

Sounds like you need to read some FAQ's and the setup guide posted by tinman.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What model NEC have you got?

Linearity on the green is called "alignment". You only "converge" the blue and the red tubes to the green reference tube, after you have completed correct "alignment" with the green tube.

If an NEC is setup properly (starting with the mechanical setup), you shouldn't need to go near the point convergence at all!

Greg

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Like Greg says, if done correctly point will be use very little, perhaps to converge one corner or side per color.

Realize "Linear Balance" will converge the inner areas, next to the center, it works only the side you select.

"Linearity" will converge outer areas by "taking" from one side, and "giving" to the other...use Linearity to set both sides equally, then use "Amplitude" to bring them into convergence at the center of each outer grid line, after that you'll use a combination of Keystone (you have adjustment on all four sides) and pincushion (again all four sides) Just keep working them and you'll get it.

Next day let pj warm up and pull up a crosshatch and check again, as things usually need a touchup, should be fine after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.