Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm running a Denon 3800 directly to a Panasonic PWD5 42" plasma hooked up with a BetterCables Component Video Cable. I'm using Progressive Mode 1 and "Darker" Black Level settings. The colors and depth to picture are fantastic and I'm happy with most of what I see.

The one thing that's been bothing me is what appears to be Mosquito noise and/or excessive graininess when watching DVD's. I see this with a number of DVD's and wonder if it's the player, my setup, or the DVD itself. Some movies where this seems to be most evident are The Mexican, T2, Harry Potter, and Lord Of The Rings.

I've run the AVIA calibration to try to bring the television parameters to an acceptable level. I can't think of anything else that may be causing the problem. I'm going to take a second look at the Denon 1600 I've also been auditioning as I don't recall as much "noise" with the 1600. I'm really hoping I've made a mistake somewhere. Any advice you might have is both welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

rp

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You've gotta expect some graininess from a 42-footer...seriously... ;)

OK, I know what you meant, 42". Personally, I've found plasma screens to just be a bit inherently grainy, especially with HD or DVD material. You might try decreasing sharpness at either the player or the display, if such controls are available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.