AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Akai 42" Plasma Monitor Model PDP4247-L. 2 years old and out of warranty. Lately it has developed an issue. When the monitor starts up the picture and color is perfect.

After about 5 minutes or so a 1 1/2" vertical bar appears. No Color, No image in the bar. The bar stays there until the set is powered off and sets for about 1 hour. After powering on again after an hour or so the bar is gone only to reappear in about 5 minutes...

Some have said the is an overheating issue, but I tried placing fans in the direct path to force air into the back of the monitor and the issue persists..

Main question is, Is this fixable without an enormous price tag. Anyone know what the cause for something like this is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have the fix for your Akai Plasma model # PDP-4247-L TV. Please feel free to give me a call or message me. I'll need for you to remove the back cover and take a few photos of the back of the TV. The repair is not hard to do. You will need to know how to do basic soldering and be willing to remove the back cover

Dave

Cell # 1-503-432-9904
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.