AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here is my current setup and as indicated I am currently loosing one side only on startup, which usually repairs itself within 30 sec and need some advice on probable cause

pre-aMP : Simaudio Celeste 4001SE

AMP: Celeste 4070

CD: ARcam 62

Speakers : BW Matrix 804

This loss of sound only occurs on startup, always on the same side, occurs with CD or DVD (so I guess I can rule out the source).

I have double checked all the connections

I am guessing AMP or Pre-AMP, any advice pls ...

Thks

·
The Village Idiot
9,768 Posts
Preamp or amp, I'd guess your guess is right on. Try connecting the amp to another pre/pro if you have one available and see what happens. Or connect the pre/pro to an available amp. An old AVR with preamp outputs would work as well. Connect it to the amp, of course.

Unless there are some very funny noises associated with this delayed action, I'd suspect the preamp. But that is only my WAG.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spot on, I was able to switch the connections betweem the amp and pre-amp LR while the issue occured ( I know a hot swap is not recomended) but this allowed me to isolate the pre-amp as being the issue since the issue switched side RL, I beleive one of the chanels on the input selector is shot as I have re-connected the DVD on another chanel and the issue appears to have been corrected.

Thks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.