AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but I'm gonna try.

I recently bought a Light Engine off of Amazon.com from a dealer for very very cheap (almost too cheap? $200), and replaced my current Light Engine. It was giving me the hundreds of black/white/flashing dots.

After replacement, though, the TV won't power on. I've checked all cables, they are connected, and the lamp goes in fine. I'm getting a steady flashing red light after it clicks, tries to turn on, but doesn't.

Is there a way to get an error code from this or did I get a bad light engine? The lamp was fine prior to replacing the light engine. Could it be that something isn't screwed to the unit correctly? The DVI cable connecting the TV to the light engine is in but not screwed in (for some reason one screw is not connecting.)

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to remain optimistic with this tv but I'm really considering throwing it out the window.

Is Mitsubishi still doing anything for these TVs even if they're out of warranty? Mine is about a year out of warranty.

Sorry for posting this so much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Going totally off memory, but here goes.

After the set shuts off, hold the menu and device buttons on the front panel for 5 or 10 seconds. The light will begin to blink the error codes, and repeat them 5 times.

Good luck,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.