AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the root cause of a problem that I'm having and am not sure where I should look first.

The setup:

- PS3 using HDMI to -> Integra 7.8 using HDMI to -> RS1

Frequently while watching a movie, the screen will suddenly flash all blue, pause, and then I will get the picture back. It's becoming a supreme annoyance.

Is this some kind of communication error between the integra and the RS1? Is it fixable?

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame /forum/post/15440318

I am trying to find the root cause of a problem that I'm having and am not sure where I should look first.

The setup:

- PS3 using HDMI to -> Integra 7.8 using HDMI to -> RS1

Frequently while watching a movie, the screen will suddenly flash all blue, pause, and then I will get the picture back. It's becoming a supreme annoyance.

Is this some kind of communication error between the integra and the RS1? Is it fixable?

Could be..... try it with the PS3 directly to it to see if you can rule out the Integra. I would also make sure you are using good quality cables.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the cable in the wall I can't do anything about, but I can certainly check the one running from the PS3 to the integra. That one is the one that came with the old BDP-300 I had.

Update: Hmmm, it happens even with my Toshiba XA2 playing SD disks, so now I have to suspect a communication problem between the RS1 and the Integra. The question is how do I fix it? This is pretty annoying and the wire running through the wall to the projector is pretty high grade.

How do I test for this?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, update. I think I may have figured out a potential issue, we'll see if you folks agree or can add to it.

I think the sequence of starting up plays a huge role. Today I watched The Dark Knight, and I made sure to start the projector, then the integra, THEN the PS3. I think in the other instances, the PS3 was already on before the integra and the projector, so I am wondering if that causes some kind of "glitch" in the DRM communication between the units.

I don't know enough about how this stuff works, but we'll see what y'all think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.